Does Canon Have VR on theirs like Nikon Does?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand it Nikon allows you to use DX (small sensor) lenses on FX (full sensor) cameras, but the camera compensates by using a smaller segment of its sensor, which completely negates the benefit of having a full-frame sensor to begin with.
That's correct.

Well now I most likely going to go with the Nikon since it so much of a hassle to get the other one. I mean i would like to try and tackle a full frame sensor but if its going to be problematic then I rather go with a Nikon.

It's not "problematic," just budget to buy new glass if you go with either a full-frame Canon or Nikon; otherwise you're just wasting money.

Well now I most likely going to go with the Nikon since it so much of a hassle to get the other one. I mean i would like to try and tackle a full frame sensor but if its going to be problematic then I rather go with a Nikon.
Nikon and full frame and not mutually exclusive.
The Nikon D700 and the Nikon D3 are FULL FRAME cameras.

If you really want a full frame camera, and have the money for it (and good quality lenses to take advantage of it) then go for it...there are many benefits.
But if you don't know or understand the differences, then it just looks like you're overspending. But if you have the money, you can do what you want with it.

You may want to buy the less expensive Nikon upgrade and use the savings to buy some more glass. Good quality glass. I have always thought bodies were over-rated. The business end is the glass.
Oh and I shoot Canon so this isn't an ad.

Okay well I am just going to go with Nikon and just buy better glass. I will look at the Full Frame Nikon ones as well. Thanks all for your help. and just so we are good, Canon absolutely has VR/IS on all their lenses? not just the higher up priced canon lenses?

Okay well I am just going to go with Nikon and just buy better glass. I will look at the Full Frame Nikon ones as well. Thanks all for your help. and just so we are good, Canon absolutely has VR/IS on all their lenses? not just the higher up priced canon lenses?
They have it on both high end / high priced lenses as well as lower priced / entry level lenses. It depends on the lens. Some of the higher priced lenses don't have IS just as some of the higher priced Nikon lenses don't have it (look at the 24-70 lenses from both companies).

Canon did patent and release a new IS technology that you can read about here: Canon Announces Development of Hybrid Image Stabilizer (IS) for Lenses

But other than that, both Canon and Nikon are pretty evenly matched on the image stabilization front for the time being, until more Canon lenses get the new IS system. I'm sure Nikon will release something similar at some point... that's how things go. One will do something new and the other will respond.

I think it's a good choice sticking with Nikon by the way.

Canon absolutely has VR/IS on all their lenses? not just the higher up priced canon lenses?
No. The Canon lenses that have IS will say IS in their description; the ones that don't don't have IS. For example, the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 III doesn't have image stabilization, whereas the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM does. Nikon is the same way; only the glass that says "VR" in the lens name have VR.

Okay. cause i kind of got a shaky hands and i just wanted to be sure about that. thanks.

Most reactions

Back