does cheap man rubbish?

btw... there has been a few threads on Holgas lately...
Many would see them as "rubbish"
others.. see them a source of creativity and fun.

Not quite. Holgas were never meant to be taken serious. I think Kodak disposables probably take better pictures, but I'm sure we can all agree they are rubbish with no arguement.

The worst can be just as unique as the best. One of my friends took real pride in his Datsun 120Y simply because it still worked. :lol:

"Rubbish" is all relative. If you define a good photo as "life like", crystal-clear, high contrast, with nice saturation, then yes... in your opinion.. it is rubbish

To the artists that enjoy polaroids, old film, cross-processing, and the not so perfect photos of an Holga... they are not. One of the handful of photos I actually "sold" for money was from a misbehaving polaroid... which many would consider rubbish.

For me.. rubbish is defined as an object that doesn't meet ones expectations by a long shot. These are cars that break down from the time they leave the lot. These are high class expensive restaurants that have horrible service and crappy food. These are stores that refuse to take back returns. For those making 6-7 figures, McDonalds might be considered rubbish food... for me I like it on occasion. If the original posters photography business meets his/her client's expectations.. then his service is NOT rubbish. no matter how low he charges.

My point is that cheap != rubbish.. not even close. Keep doing what you are doing "jols" and ignore what others say... listen to your customers.

I'm sure we can find couples enjoying their memories from a Las Vegas quickie cheapo wedding.... if not.. the chapels wouldn't still be in business. I"m sure those couples wouldn't classify their "wedding" as rubbish.

Jols, when in life is it really important to listen to other people trying to tell you what to do when you do not really need or have not asked for their advice?

If you like what you do... no matter whether you give it away for free or charge the moon... as long as you are happy, nothing else matters. I am in the same boat as you are. I do it as a hobby and if I make a few dollars from it here and there... wonderful. No matter what, I know that I am going to have a BLAST doing it. I do not plan to ever go fully pro with photography, becuase MY opinion is that I would lose a lot of the pleasure, but thats me.

Thats my 2 cents.

thanks for the feedback guys.

my conclusion is i do what i do and if people want me to do it i can charge what i like!!

Here's a good test to see if you are undercharging and hence on the 'cheap' side of the market. Raise your prices. If everyone runs away it is not because they are infatuated with your work but instead drawn to your prices.

That make sense?

did that at the end of last year and have three weddings already booked for this year. yahooooo

did that at the end of last year and have three weddings already booked for this year. yahooooo

Well then you know people are after your work, and not just your prices...

Your work isn't rubbish yahooooo!!!

thanks guys for the feedback

Good deal! Then just run and, have fun with it. The only ones I can see pissing&moaning is the Pro who believes you are uder cutting them. But then again the people you are dealing with, would have never booked them anyhow.

as i said in an above post i am not at all interested in the 'pro' cause nobody would ever start to do something if somebody else already does it, ie only one brickie in the country only one shop in the country

i could go on. ha ha :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back