Does D300 have wireless for SB-800 flash?

N'Kolor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Nikon D300. I purchased a SB-800 flash. I heard that you can use the SB-800 flash remotely through the camera. Can the D300 do this? If so, how? Thanks.

Yes, it can, but I don't have time to tell you how right now.

Here is a tutorial about the D200 and the SB-800, it works the same:

Tutorial

That was just as good as you explaining it! Thanks!

haha.. if the d300 did not have wireless capabilities to speedlights. i think nikon would be in trouble.

i will add my two sense in on any systems I-TTL wireless flash system.
-there usually only good for maybe up to 30 or so feet. Unless you buy like 6 sb-800s and place them 30 from eachother and use on on your camera to remote them.
-ive been told hundreds of times. soons as you get your flashes. get a slave unit. or youll be mad at yourself for when you do... for not getting them at first. if you know what i mean.

they allow so much more range and are able to go behind stuff and be less visable. making it easier not to accidently get your flashes in the picture.

the sb-800s almost have to be visible to eachother for them to sync.

-Now slaves. another mistake i did. DO NOT INVEST IN CHEAP EBAY SLAVES OR SKYPORTS. NO NO NO NOO NOOO!

There unreliable, pourly constructed, other interfere with your flashed and cause them to go off when you didnt need them to. just dont do it.

-POCKET WIZARDS... pricey. very pricey. but way way worth it.

Depends if you have the spare capital or not. Personally i'd rather a cheap ebay wireless trigger and an extra SB-600 than coughing up the money for a pocket wizard.

Most reactions

Back