Does it bother anyone else...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You know how everyone has a point and shoot digi cam these days.

Does it bother anyone else when you see them use it like an idiot. Like, peoples faces in the middle of the picture, taking landscapes instead of portraits, using flash when it's not necessary, and not when it is.

It's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Specially when someone is taking a picture and you see them frame it in the viewer and you just wanna grab the camera and take the pic yourself. Only problem is when they're someone you don't know, they get all "don't touch my camera" and then get thier big boyfriends to kick your ass.

...not that that's happened yet, but the scenario is believable.

yep. Photography may one day be a forgotten art. Like people who say to me "no its ok i dont need a logo designed, we've got our in-house designer to do it" then they give my a disk the next day with some random clip art crap which was done in publisher. I think i strongly believe most people are either stupid or have no taste. A similar thing is happening in photography now, some of the shots i get for exhibition stands you wouldn't believe!

Daniel said:
I hate when people use the screen to take a picture instead of the viewfinder.

It's good for those little point and shoots.

With a real DSLR I wouldn't bother. But it's good for the idiots.

Whittle one out then! :lol:

I just don't like it. I never did even with a point and shoot. Maybe its ok just not for me.

Well, for quite a while I had to post photos to here that I had to take with my little, trustworthy, reliable, much loved Canon Powershot, which may be counted as "point and shoot" (though you have options to change that aspect!) and they were considered "good" by some. With that one I always used the screen, since - according to the manual, and according to my own experiences - framing was not 100 % exact through the viewfinder. So I use/d the screen for photos with that and felt I got better and better at framing with that thingy. One nice aspect about that particular screen is also that it is movable into many different directions, so I can also take photos from humanly almost impossible angles, unless I wanted to roll myself in the mud or so (frog perspective, you know?) - and I quite like those aspects about the screen.

With my new DSLR, I am, of course, back to using the viewfinder with that one!

And to the initial question - well. No, it does not bother me if I see that people's pics will definitely turn out cr ...erm: bad. They are THEIR pictures, and if they like to have THOSE in their albums, it is all ok by me. What annoys me to no end is when people post that kind of pictures into photo competitions, though.

And Archangel, what you see happening with graphic designs I have seen happening with official translations even years ago: the companies say, bah, we don't need a trained translator for this, our engineers speak English all right, too. Ha!

bace said:
It's good for those little point and shoots.

With a real DSLR I wouldn't bother. But it's good for the idiots.
You actually can't with a DSLR. The mirror is in the way of the sensor until you hit the shutter. You have to use the viewfinder. With many P&S, you have to use the LCD.

Yeah, there are a lot of things about snapshots that bother me, but I just don't spend my time looking at them. Everyone has to start somewhere. It's not really fair to the people who haven't had a chance to learn this stuff.

Still, I do cringe at times.

And Archangel, what you see happening with graphic designs I have seen happening with official translations even years ago: the companies say, bah, we don't need a trained translator for this, our engineers speak English all right, too. Ha!

I hear ya....amen.

Not many of us picked up a camera and went out and took amazing shots the very first time. Most of us started out taking poor photos and either by training or experience learned how to take better photos.

I just spent the last few days looking at about 30 years of slides that I took and can't believe I ever took such poor photos. I still learn every day and every time I shoot.

Yes it also drives me crazy to watch people take poor photos but I just figure what goes around comes around and that was me 30 years ago.

Hey, I'm not saying that I hate people for taking crap shots. I'm saying I want to smack them with the camera and then show them how to use it.

Das all.

fredcwdoc said:
...I just spent the last few days looking at about 30 years of slides that I took and can't believe I ever took such poor photos. I still learn every day and every time I shoot.

Heehee, I have done the same thing of late.
But with some of my ancient old slides I am surprised at what I saw and captured at the time. Must have been my dad helping us see things and frame them --- and not everyone's got a dad like that, of course.

Too true, we all start somewhere, but I see what Bace wants to say: you SEE a fundamental mistake happening and so want to rush over and say, hang on, not like this, don't, but you can't, of course, for it is strangers you see.

Most reactions

Back