Does the beach chair ruin this shot?

Galaxy_Stranger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sunset.jpg

heyyy its smaller now, right on!
It's an awsome picture to. I don't think the chair ruins it at all, if anything it adds to it! Sets the mood of the perfect place to be, where you can just sit back in a beach chair and watch the sun set.

Thanks for the feedback! I shot it on our honeymoon in Cozumel with a Canon A80.

Compositionally, the chair's not bad. But I think of it as an unnatural object. I was in a hurry so I just drug it behind the hut stand real quick.

Awesome shots with that camera, Dan! What kind of process do you use to turn those color shots into black and white while leaving some color?

Galaxy_Stranger said:
Thanks for the feedback! I shot it on our honeymoon in Cozumel with a Canon A80.

Compositionally, the chair's not bad. But I think of it as an unnatural object. I was in a hurry so I just drug it behind the hut stand real quick.

Awesome shots with that camera, Dan! What kind of process do you use to turn those color shots into black and white while leaving some color?

open your photo up in photoshop, then do this:
1.) Image > Mode > Greyscale
2.) Image > Mode > RGB Color (pic will still be in color here)
3.) Select the History Brush tool
4.) Anywhere you paint on the image with that brush will turn back to the original color :)

And thanks for the compliment too :D

-Dan

i wish i never looked at your pic. it makes me wanna go there so much, i live in scotland where the weather is generally shitty. so curse you.
ps. i really like the pic and dont think the chair spoils it at all, it just looks so nice...soothing....warm....bastard.

Hahaha! - don't feel so bad. It rained the first 3 days we were there.

sunset2.jpg

sunset3.jpg

...obviously water sploodgies on the lens...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back