Does this huge Canon sale mean they're coming out with something new?

Pro gear doesn't need rebates, Pro's tend to be making money out of their gear so they pay for it that way, thats why the big lenses and bodies never have any.

Why on Earth would you want a mkIII?? I use a mkII and wouldn't touch a mkIII in case my camera stops focusing :lol: I've not even been asked for a mkIII in about 4 months, all the pro's that were asking me for mkIII's have gone to the Nikon D3. Thats bad for Canon but good for me as we're getting loads of good lenses in 2nd hand

Second hand Mk3's are going to be hella cheap in a couple years and hopefully Canon will have fixed the focusing issues. I'll buy one then for $1500 and be a happy man :)

Pro gear doesn't need rebates, Pro's tend to be making money out of their gear so they pay for it that way, thats why the big lenses and bodies never have any.

Why on Earth would you want a mkIII?? I use a mkII and wouldn't touch a mkIII in case my camera stops focusing :lol: I've not even been asked for a mkIII in about 4 months, all the pro's that were asking me for mkIII's have gone to the Nikon D3. Thats bad for Canon but good for me as we're getting loads of good lenses in 2nd hand

Canon already fixed the focus issue with some of their earlier defective models. Only a few had the focusing issue but the "Blue Dot" corrected models have been out for quite some time. As to why I would like a MkIII ove A MkII...The larger LCD over the MkII, better menu navigation, 10fps (over my current 6.5fps on 40D), IQ and ISO control. Have used both models and do prefer the MkIII.

Interesting.... I got online to purchase another 40D and a few stores are already out of them. Do you think Canon will end this sale with a drought, and then release more when the sale is over?

For $1,129 shipped I got a 40D w/ 28-135. I certainly won't use the 28-135, so I hope to sell it for $350 as a new lens. If I do that, then I just got myself a 40D body for $779 new. We'll see what happens :).

So I just asked my wife what we were buying with our stimulus check. She said "Savings".

But Keith, You have to convince her that putting it into savings does nothing to stimulate the economy and by doing so you are anti-American, so you must spend that $1200 in order to save the US economy. :lmao:

Best case: You get some new gear.
Worst Case: you sleep on the couch for a while. :lol:

I predict Canon WILL come out with something new. They will call it, the 1000D...err...nevermind.

But Keith, You have to convince her that putting it into savings does nothing to stimulate the economy and by doing so you are anti-American, so you must spend that $1200 in order to save the US economy. :lmao:

Best case: You get some new gear.
Worst Case: you sleep on the couch for a while. :lol:

haha...

see, but I'm not necessarily needing the money for gear. I somehow managed to buy another 40D, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 17-55 2.8 IS, 2x ext, 85mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/1.4 all in the past two months, without going in debt, without pulling from our primary account, without pulling from savings, and without selling drugs. I'm not exactly hurting for new gear :)

You heard it what and from where? That is almost a Libelous Statement. Your posting nonsense. I assume you heard it from a friend of friend? Their financial statements show nothing of the sort, they have had a loss two Quarter now and it is the first time since 2002 that this has happened and it is not unusual for a company to have some bad quarters and sometimes bad years that string together without going bankrupt. Why are you trying to dissuade people from buying Canon.

It is just astounding that someone I assume has common sense would start to make libelous statements against a company. You like have Nikon or Sony Stocks and need to spook people from buying Canon products? You heard? It is the internet after all and why let facts get in the way. You trade stock? Maybe have been schooled in economics ? And you will show people something to back such a statement. Now you probably have started other ignoramuses running around saying you won't believe what I heard, Canon is going Bankrupt, how horribly irresponsible. And again lets not give any facts for such a baseless claim.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2008/04/24/afx4927574.html

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:CAJ

"Your" an idiot if you actually believed Alex's post.

:thumbdown:

I'm more interested on what Nikon is going to do about lenses.

A 16 or 17-40 f/4 would be pretty sweet, so would a 24-105 f/4 VR, a full frame compact would be nice the "D10"

There are a few things Canon has that I REALLY wish Nikon had too.

haha...

see, but I'm not necessarily needing the money for gear. I somehow managed to buy another 40D, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 17-55 2.8 IS, 2x ext, 85mm f/1.8 and 50mm f/1.4 all in the past two months, without going in debt, without pulling from our primary account, without pulling from savings, and without selling drugs. I'm not exactly hurting for new gear :)

Running a underground betting ring is illegal too... It has to be something sketchy, you live in the Ozarks and you make that much money? :)

That's a little American humor, Alex. (I didn't understand why yours was funny, I guess I'll have to fly to Germany someday to figure it out :) )

There are a few things Canon has that I REALLY wish Nikon had too.

Right now there's a Canoneer :) saying the same thing about something, like maybe the 18-200 VR... So don't feel bad!

Running a underground betting ring is illegal too... It has to be something sketchy, you live in the Ozarks and you make that much money? :)

That's a little American humor, Alex. (I didn't understand why yours was funny, I guess I'll have to fly to Germany someday to figure it out :) )

Right now there's a Canoneer :) saying the same thing about something, like maybe the 18-200 VR... So don't feel bad!

The only real things that I can think of a Canonite envy'ing a Nikonian are the 200-400 f/4 VR, D3, and maybe the 18-200. We used to own the 200mm f/2, but not anymore I guess.

I also wish Nikon had AF-S primes with completely new optical designs, not 30 year old ones, Canon did it, now it's nikon's turn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back