does this look familiar to you?

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone said they found this, It says made for cannon and they would sell it to me. They told me they looked it up online and that it was a $1200 lens. They offered it to me for $100 bucks. I couldnt seem to get it to fit my canon rebel xt. does anyone know anything about this? Should i buy? a good buy? Am i putting it on wrong??

Im so confused.

1)
138.jpg

2)
139.jpg

3)
142.jpg

Look famialiar to me? No it is not. It look like granade launcher in the movie known as RPG, rocket propelled genade.:D

But for $100 I will gamble for it, maybe a lens for the UFO,
or
for those cops, to stop them from booking me again.

Be nice to me or I shoot.

Hmm, I'm no expert but that seems like an older tele with an FD mount that Canon used to use. If the seller is correct in saying that it goes for $1200 and is selling it to you for $100, then be careful. Many of those older lenses aren't worth too much though.

A canon L series lens for that mount can be had for $200 or less, that's not even an L lens and it will NOT fit on the rebel or any other EOS series camera. Scam: DON'T BUY!

Well thanks for the information. I figured it was a stolen lens, i didnt think to question the age of it. Thats why im glad i have you knowledgeable people :) or i'd have been pretty upset when it didnt work.

darn and i thought i was going to get lucky :)

What you have is a real cheap Quantaray lens that i think went from 800-1200 or something like that. When that lens was new I think it went for $200 max. I looked on the Ritz website and I don't think they carry it anymore but you probably can check the value on Ebay but I guarantee you it is not much. I worked at Ritz for some time and I remember it as quite a crappy lens.

I have that lens ( hope I still do should be in my storage box) mine is a 400mm Vivitar FD mount. Works very nice on the Fd cameras but yes a low quality long lens. It works well with a fd to eos converter with no glass and will focus out to 23 feet ( good for a bird blind were the little bird is in close to you) worth about 100 doller in my opinion.

I dug it out put on the Elephoto fd to eos converter and took 93 bird shots. Well they were all so sub par that I wont even post them. Bottom line is that a FD mount lens will work on EOS but the result is less than satisfactory,

Most reactions

Back