Does this make you mad?

Here is mine

ry%3D400

You cant link something directly from your google mail.

I can't see hers either but I can indeed see yours and I think its quite nice...quite good. There may be a thing or two I might change, minor in nature, but it stands well on its own IMHO....and I'd never take the freckles out in this photo unless the subject asked me to. They are perfect just the way they are!

So let's see hers.

Okay, lets see if this works. :) The quality is not that great since it was through email

47a1ce26b3127cce98549a03466e00000035100AbNnLdo0YsmVg

Interesting.

While I like yours better, I can dig what your cousin cooked up as well.

A little too heavy handed editing for most peoples taste, but I see the appeal.

The overarching thing about taking a photo is that this is art.

In the state gallery hangs a painting that is completely black. It is apparently made of so many layers of different colours of paint before it dried because the artist didn't know what he wanted to do that it turned black. This is hanging in the state gallery along with a big spiel under it. I think it absolutely horrendous garbage and a waste of wall space that could be used for ... art.

When you take photos, take photos for you. Other people like their edits? Doesn't matter. What is important is ONLY what YOU think.

Remember if you like a photo who is someone else to tell you any differently?

I don't think there could be a bad result with this photo no matter who did an edit. The girl is purely beautiful. The photog did a great job!

im with Bitter. i do prefer yours but i can see where your cousin was trying to go with hers and also see the appeal in it (i would edit it a bit differently tho)...but personally id have a bnw and a color edit on hand for a pic like that (if it suited a bnw style which that one does)

I like the photo in color with the freckles. As a matter of my personal taste and being pleasing to the eye.

great job ang - I too prefer the original, she looks naturally pretty, where the edited b&w version almost looks like she's wearing (too much) make up, and not child like at all. I know if someone took my son's freckles off him I'd be devastated!

I wouldn't stress too much about criticism from the cousin though, she's either trying (too hard) to be helpful, or condescending.... either way, I wouldn't stress about it.

I prefer the original as well. Taking a few random freckles out is one thing but completely changing their face is another. When the girl parents or grandparents see the picture their brains will expect freckles and it will not look correct without them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back