Does this pic amount to anything? C&C

stinkybritches

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is just some parts I had on my workbench in the garage. The lighting is coming through the window next to the bench. Is there anything here worth looking at?

head-wheel640x428.jpg

I think its all in the eye of the beholder. Some might like it and some wont see anything special. I for one think it's an interesting pic tho. I think Mono might look better. Mind if I convert it?

Last edited:
Not like i'm a pro at mono photography, but I personally like this one better . I just sharpened it up a bit and played with the contrast. What do you think?

head-wheel640x428mono.jpg

I like the b/w but it would probably look better if the conversion was done before I did everything that I did to the pic. Here is the original if you would like to see if it makes a difference.
head-wheel2640x428.jpg

Neither are astounding, but they are nice tries.

i personally would like to see more of the engine block or cylinder head, at least i think that's what it is.

Definitely needs more of the subject. The context within the background is nice, and you could retain that and have more subject by nixing some of the negative space on the right side of the image (it's useless in this image, really).

It was interesting enough to make me stare at it a bit, but it feels like it was a good idea that just missed slightly.

Definitely needs more of the subject. The context within the background is nice, and you could retain that and have more subject by nixing some of the negative space on the right side of the image (it's useless in this image, really).

I tried a few shots that had more of the cylinder and less background but I didn't really like what I ended up with. I'll give it another try.

...a good idea that just missed slightly.

That's the story of my life.:lol:

Most reactions

Back