Does this place have potential?

[h=2]Does this place have potential?[/h]
No, not really.

Unless there's something about the place you are not telling us. It looks boring as hell, if you ask me.

Unless there's something about the place you are not telling us.
No - It's just that I've lived here for 5 years and never knew it existed, till now. I guess that kinda confirms it looking boring as hell, lol.

I was never really into the whole 'abandoned places' thing - which is one of the reasons I don't really have any desire to actually go inside. Thought maybe I could get some interesting exterior shots. I still might, but it's not exactly a high priority.

If I'm bored one night, I might head out there... Tripod and a six pack - that should take care of one night's boredom. :lol:

There are more guns in Texas!
More than Washington, DC? Yes, I have no doubt at all that there are more guns in Texas (the same could be said of anywhere ... except DC - as long as we're only counting legally owned guns). What does that have to do with anything?

Every place has potential. This is about what you see and can convey to us, the viewers. From what I've seen of your work on TPF, go for it, please!

OK, here's what you do with a place like this. Come back when there's no one around with a bunch of plywood/corrugated tin and lay it out flat on the ground, especially near rodent burrows, and then let it sit for a year. Go back in spring of 2013 a day or two after a good rain, carefully lift the boards, and take photos of all the snakes you find! Voila, cool photo subjects.

I probably will sneak over there one night (yes, that means that I am not going to ask permission first - asking permission for what I have in mind would be pointless). I'm not even completely sure if there even is anybody to ask...

I don't really have high hopes for it, it was kind of like 'oh, what's that?' I'm sure I'll get a few pictures some time this week though, even if it's only to burn up some film (I need to finish the roll that's in the camera so I can put different film in and reshoot that self portrait).

OK, here's what you do with a place like this. Come back when there's no one around with a bunch of plywood/corrugated tin and lay it out flat on the ground, especially near rodent burrows, and then let it sit for a year. Go back in spring of 2013 a day or two after a good rain, carefully lift the boards, and take photos of all the snakes you find! Voila, cool photo subjects.

:pale:

Josh, looks like my backyard too! Lots of that stuff around me and lots of potential! I love old barns....the ones where the roofs are caving in. Nothing out of the ordinary to be behind a tractor or John deer in my neck of the woods....lol....

HA - I found this old barn after wandering around in the woods at night years ago:
IMG_6736-resized.jpg

I tried to go back, but could never find it. Here's what it looked like a couple years later when I finally found it again:

05111115 by J E, on Flickr

HA - I found this old barn after wandering around in the woods at night years ago:
IMG_6736-resized.jpg

I tried to go back, but could never find it. Here's what it looked like a couple years later when I finally found it again:

05111115 by J E, on Flickr

Love them!! I love these old barns. I wonder how old they are and what year they were built.

If people work there just go ask if you can take some pics. Tell them you thought it was interesting. This is Texas they might not mind. Offer to take some portraits. I did that for a security guard once. Now he's like an old friend and lets me up in his garage anytime I want. It pays to make friends.

Most reactions

Back