Does this portrait work?

Bellezzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.menexenus.blogspot.dk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hellouu, I did this self portrait today, but I'm not sure if it really 'works' - the comp is weird and stuff. I made these two edits of it. What do you think? What should I improve? Thanks for looking and please be kind lol.
$DSC_0257 copy 2.jpg1.
$hmmgriglrfdoNE.jpg2.

Taken with a nikon d5000

Last edited:
More please :DKidding, they're a bit dark and the face is completely hidden...outfit and pose is interesting but no, these don't work....try again.

I like the red shoes. Might have been cooler with a red bra to match, instead of the black one. Black kinda gets lost in the dirt/shadows to me.

What are you trying to portray with it? Just being silly and different, or is there a meaning? If there is a meaning...I didn't capture it. If it's just silly n random, then I got that. ;-)

I like the waist to hip ratio the angle portrays as well.

we also might need a 360 degree animated *.gif to really get a handle on it. :-D

Haha thank you for the advice. And well, it was kind of a random shot... because I was actually wearing a dress at first, but it looked weird to me, so I took it off. But thanks!

Haha thank you for the advice. And well, it was kind of a random shot... because I was actually wearing a dress at first, but it looked weird to me, so I took it off. But thanks!

I like the spirit and freedom. That definitely shows in the photo. Not 'cause your'e half naked, but you seem relaxed and comfy.

That would explain the hose too, lol.

u mentioned self portrait.......Does any self portrait made without showing the face?....Who knows who is behind hands?...I liked diagonal posture...thnx

Photographers' self portraits are often "off the wall", so to speak, and if this is yours, then so be it. Do more, please!

Would work as a crime scene shot....lol

It's rather intriguing to me, a bit dark, seems like a good start to some sort of a narrative, although I'm not sure what that story might be. Definitely has a crime scene feel to it.

Thanks again - the shots I took made myself think of a crime scene too actually. Think I have to give it another try. :)

Now who just went and left this poor little white girl out in the woods. She looks famished. Go get her a sandwich.

Most reactions

Back