does this work for you?

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was playing around with some photos from a wedding back in september. Do you think the selective coloring works for this shot?
IMG_1124a.jpg

I seldom see selective coloring that I like. Although I think is well done, I would prefer straight b/w.

But it's hard to find photogs that are fond of selective. Post this on a wedding forum...I'm sure almost every bride would love to have this shot in their album ;)

I typically only do selective coloring to sell photos. I just thought this one drew the eye up to the couple at the alter

I'm not a fan of selective coloring either, but you've done a good job with it. My main concern is with the contrast/brightness. I'd also crop off the bottom so that it's at a 4:5 ratio. The far end looks straight, but the close end seems tilted for some reason.

I'm fairly picky about selective coloring. Usually I'm not a fan. I like this though. I think it adds to the photo. In many of the selective coloring photos I see the coloring often changes the subject of the photo, or competes with it. I think it works in this photo.

A lot of photographers don't like it, but many brides do. I've been lucky that most of my clients have followed my judgement, but recently I had a bride ask me to work up some selective color prints. She wants the red roses in the background colorized. I'm aghast, but what can I say, "I'm sorry, you have no taste." Oh well, as long as the check clears. ;)

Oh I like it very much....I dont care for the edges of her veil colourized though, just the petals....selective colouring may not please photographers, but it sells photos to clients and thats what its about!!!! though having to do something you really hate to do is tough(for me, its' putting a line up of girls on one side guys on the other that makes me cringe)

i think selective coloring is way out of style. but if your going to do it, i think they should have a little more "pop" to them, they seem kind of dull to me as is.

Most reactions

Back