Does this work?

Southerngal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the place for this or not....I have become the designated photographer for my daughters cheer team. Victory for me....I guess. All the mothers have opted to by my photos over the usually Rec. hired photographer. Anyhow, does this work? The background is actually pics of the football team that they cheer for.

8x10mattepicproof.jpg

Layout looks great, but can you bring out more color in the foreground photos? They kinda blend into the background and look desaturated.

It works very well, but I would throw another layer under the background (white) and then bring the opacity down to around 60%, so its not competeing so much with the cheer pics. You may then be left with the problem of filling a lil more space, but just make the 2 pictures a bit bigger.

Doug Raflik

the layout is great, but i am not a fan of the crotch shot. perhaps a different picture of the little girl would be more fitting.

It works very well, but I would throw another layer under the background (white) and then bring the opacity down to around 60%, so its not competeing so much with the cheer pics. You may then be left with the problem of filling a lil more space, but just make the 2 pictures a bit bigger.

Doug Raflik

Thanks....that is actually what I did. Ill bring down the opacity a bit more and see how it looks.

I like the B+W backgraound but I think at least one of the main images should have more color . I also agree with loosing the crotch shot I think it is importann to look at small details like this when taking an image it is reall what differentiates you from everyone else with a camera.

I agree for sure about the crotch shots (I hate saying it that way though!). Maybe after they pose like that you move to one side a foot or two and see how that looks. They can always turn thir head more towards you. See if you prefer the up knee or down knee closer too- it will make a difference.
The colors do need to pop more IMO. Maybe try an Overlay Layer with a low opacity and it'll help on the color and contrast, but wont look fake.

I love the layout you did and have the team in the background. Great work!

Okay, so I changed a few things. I lightened the background a bit, added some color to the girls, and got rid of the crotch....for the most part. Whatcha think? better?

The individual pic wasnt scheduled. It was actually take after the game when she won the spirit stick. It was take after 2 hours of cheer in 100 degree weather (loving the south :meh:), so to be honest I really didnt notice or even think about the crotch.....hope Ive made it look a little better.

Thanks guys!

8x10mattepic.jpg

Much better. Is each cheer girl getting a copy with her indie pic on top?

For the most part. Im not the designated photographer for our local Rec. They have been using the same one for years. For the group pic that she took she put them in direct sunlight and half the girls were squinting. I have been taking pics since the beginning of the season....during games etc. and many of the Moms have been purchasing them. Most of the Mothers will buy from me....a few are loyal (maybe 2-3) and havent said yet, so not sure. The pic above is actually of my daughter. I will be taking the pic to their next practice for the Mothers to see.

I think that is much improved but you need to fill in that dead space on the upper right hand side.

That is so much better than the typical blah blah crap they usually take for those types of photos! No wonder they want yours over theirs! YAY. Great job! I like the name added too like wxnut suggests.

looks very nice. but i am a perfectionist and will always have a little nitpic about somthign.

the last row for your girls shot, not centered. the row needed to move over a very little bit.

i know.. im as ass for bringing it up. sorry.

Other then that, wonderful pictures. i think it works well. i like how you kept the backround black and white, and brought out the nice colors for the cheerleaders.

looks very nice. but i am a perfectionist and will always have a little nitpic about somthign.

the last row for your girls shot, not centered. the row needed to move over a very little bit.

i know.. im as ass for bringing it up. sorry.

Other then that, wonderful pictures. i think it works well. i like how you kept the backround black and white, and brought out the nice colors for the cheerleaders.

I know I wasnt happy about the line being off, but I wasnt planning on taking the group shot then....the girls had been cheering in the heat for almost 2 hours. The coach had asked me if I would take a group shot a few days ago, but failed to mention that she wanted me to do it after their game this past Saturday. I was pleased to get them all in one place. The squad is kind of an odd mix of ages and not all of them want to cooperate. I think the youngest is 3 (her Mom thinks she should cheer for her brother...she cries the entire game) and the oldest is 10.....and it is a 7-8 year old squad.....lol.

Thanks for your critique.

Most reactions

Back