Does your camera follow you everywhere you go?

MRivera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering how many of you carry your camera everywhere you go? I sometimes do and look around but i don't find anything to shoot.

i take mine everywhere, just the camera, no extra lenses or equipment

even if im going shoppinggg!

I used to for some time, but meanwhile I seem to have photographed each and every twig and also blade of grass at a 10 mile radius around me - three times over at that.

But anytime I get the chance to go anywhere further than home and right around home, I make sure to be having my camera with me!

My DSLR doesn't, because it's too cumbersome to carry absolutely everywhere; and I ride a motorbike as my only form of transport, so I really have to think ahead and plan what I carry with me. I might invest in a backbox for the ol' hog.

My Powershot usually stays with me in my backpack though.

Usually, though I refrain from taking it to work. It would tempt me to abruptly walk out on my job.

Nope, because I love driving home from somewhere and see something and think, "That would make a great photo..." and think I'll take the camera next time.

Next time comes around and I pass the same place and think, "Gotta make sure I have the camera next time...."

Third time, "Grrrr, wish I would remember the camera...."

Fourth time, fifth time, sixth, seventh..........

My DSLR doesn't, because it's too cumbersome to carry absolutely everywhere; and I ride a motorbike as my only form of transport, so I really have to think ahead and plan what I carry with me. I might invest in a backbox for the ol' hog.
Had a bike a few years ago and carried my old digicam every time I climbed on it. The majority of my photos from 2002 (my first digital) until I sold the bike in 2006 was from riding the bike. If I had a dSLR, I would still carry it if I had the bike.

Nope, because I love driving home from somewhere and see something and think, "That would make a great photo..." and think I'll take the camera next time.

Next time comes around and I pass the same place and think, "Gotta make sure I have the camera next time...."

Third time, "Grrrr, wish I would remember the camera...."

Fourth time, fifth time, sixth, seventh..........

Hah, indeed! There is a lovely yellow (rape, I think) field not too far from work which I've been meaning to stop at with my camera for some time now. I just haven't got round to it. Well, I'm waiting for the blue skies ;)

Mine goes with me when I know i'm going to want to use it. I'm not keen on leaving electronics in my vehicle all day nor do I want something to happen to it...Until i can afford weather sealed camera body I'll always be reading weather report first but bringing camera with me.

I'm thinking about powershot S5IS or G9 as no matter where I go cameras.

Yes... It's within arms reach right now at work, because I've learned it seems the best photo opertunites for shots were when I didn't have a camera. So now I'm always prepared.

Yes... It's within arms reach right now at work, because I've learned it seems the best photo opertunites for shots were when I didn't have a camera. So now I'm always prepared.

+1

I generally don't leave home without it...

I used to for some time, but meanwhile I seem to have photographed each and every twig and also blade of grass at a 10 mile radius around me - three times over at that.

But anytime I get the chance to go anywhere further than home and right around home, I make sure to be having my camera with me!
You can still take people pics.

Most of the time I do take it with me and 2 times out of 10 I'll actually find something that catches my eye enough to take a picture of. But 10 times out of 10, when I don't have my camera with me, I find that shot where i wish I had my camera with me lol

I usually take it with me...sometimes if I am just going a couple miles down the road to walmart I wont, but if I am going just about anywhere else I do!

...sometimes if I am just going a couple miles down the road to walmart I wont.....
Ha, this is the trips I was thinking of when I wrote my post. 45 minute drive to 4 separate Walmarts depending on which direction I want to drive gives lot's of stuff to stop and photograph, hehe.

Since I just got my slingshot 300 and don't have to carry everything in pockets and leave stuff home I have been whenever we go anywhere but I don't take it to work or grocery shopping :lol:
I did take it on a nightmare hike where I took my poor unsuspecting children and I just jumped on a trail without really taking much notice we were lost for a good 2 hours and there was nothing but dead trees and dark ugly swamp (that we had to build bridges to get across)...
I didn't' take a single picture & I was well traumatised...
I'd like to go back and follow a proper trail from the starting point because I'm sure it's an enjoyable one .. we ended up who knows where. Oh it was horrible...

Most reactions

Back