DOF:billiards comments please!

if the camera was on tripod and never taken off it and the balls were not moved - it's is possible that these are 2 different shots, I guess. or, he just edited the EXIF data...:)

idk even know what EFIX is

oh man i just looked again the first one is Psed with a blur, i opened it in there applied the blur twice but only undid it once so u guys were right, the second one is the real image with no touch up i apologize for that im not tryin to pull a fast one you guys help me a bunch

so, since you PMed me, telling I was right, now spill your guts and tell us the whole story! :)

oh amd judging by your image timestamps and your post times - you are in Eastern time zone? right?

ahah yeah in VA the 2nd pic has nothing done to it i opened that same pic in PS to mess with it, i did a blur to it twice, but only undid it once and saved it has a copy then posted that one on accident when i meant to post the 2nd on i have another pic all entirely that i was supposed to post first

i need to start namin these damn things

anyways, the 2nd one is the the shouldve been first, the 1st has a lens blue effect applied hopefully that makes sense

It's not the same setup. The aperture was smaller, and the camera angle ins slightly lower. The DOF in the second shot is significantly greater, which negates anything people are trying to prove about focal plane. I would say that you are shooting with a high camera angle (shooting down on the eight ball, and since it is a wide angle, it still looks like you are shooting straight at it. Because of the high angle, the eight ball is in fact closer to the lens than anything else in the picture is and nothing else is on the same focal plane. So even though the felt next to the eight ball looks like it's the same distance away, it's actually below the eight ball and thus, further and out of focus.

high angle .......? so, i have the same pic you do. look at the 8 ball .... look at the top of the ball ball behind the eight (the 9). does the top of the 9 appear above or below the top of the 8 ball? ..... it's BELOW the top of the 8 ball ..... now, simple perspective tells me that the photo was taken from the same elevation as the 8 ball. so, even though you talk a big game, your not even close and thus, you are even further out of focus.

high angle .......? so, i have the same pic you do. look at the 8 ball .... look at the top of the ball ball behind the eight (the 9). does the top of the 9 appear above or below the top of the 8 ball? ..... it's BELOW the top of the 8 ball ..... now, simple perspective tells me that the photo was taken from the same elevation as the 8 ball. so, even though you talk a big game, your not even close and thus, you are even further out of focus.

You remind me of Stsinner, Chrisburke and JerryPH - unintentionally rude and you don't even know it.

Wow, what a waste of forum time, and posts.

you need to drink a beer, or 5.

You remind me of Stsinner, Chrisburke and JerryPH - unintentionally rude and you don't even know it.

lol ........ it's "rude with class", at least get that correct.... and don't worry, you'll get over it.
as for this thread being a waste of time.... it's more like a bad train wreck that i just can't walk away from.

Most reactions

Back