Dog Day Afternoon

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from the archives and I thought I'd try to resurrect it with some PP. I would like specific critique on composition and post processing. General critique of the merits if it is print worthy. I have someone that was interested in it.

DSC_0626_edited-2.jpg

Thanks for looking and your comments.

I can post the original if needed.

The first indicator that I love a picture is the intense wish that it had been me who took it. Well, this is the case. Not only do I wish to have been the photographer but also I think this screams to be printed and maybe framed.

All of the above means that I think composition is great, light and colour are spot on, the mood is perfect, and if the dog wasn't there I would have thought this was a painting.

I just hope no animals were hurt during this shooting :)

I just hope no animals were hurt during this shooting :)
:lmao: No, that's his normal position. Being 13 years old seems to be wearing on him.

Thank you for the comments. I appreciate you taking the time. The composition and processing are what I am concerned with. I actually used layers to make adjustments.

Anyone else?

Yes, kundalini, there is someone else...I love this. I love the mood, resulting from the composition and lighting. The dog is imperative. I could tell the dog had some age on him...sort of twilight years mood. Poignant. Well done.

Great picture Kundalini. It reminds me of how warm and peaceful the sun would set in Homestead, Florida. It's definitely a set up worth framing.

yup great lighting and thumbs up to the dog for being there.. as said it's got a great mood about it. nice capture.

Aaaaaand another voice saying it's a beautiful, print-worthy, frame-worthy shot. It tells a little story. Well done!

Oh crap!!
what a wonderful picture.
I know a great picture when technical issues don't even come to mind, when the emotional impact of the picture just overwhelms.

This is just too good for words - and makes me break my 'no attaboy' pledge.

I give it 2 thimbs up. Absolutely love it and like everyone else has asid, wish I took it to hang on my wall.:thumbup::thumbup:

Wow. I love this shot. The colors are great, the mood is awesome. Beautiful sunset there... really just very VERY nice. I would print that in a HEARTBEAT.

The ONE thing I would do is maybe tilt it so it was level and do a tiny perspective correction to get those door sides plumb. Awesome either way though.

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed seeing it.

WOW, didn't expect those responses....I mean, I thought it was pretty good, but you guys (not gender specific) have made my heart skip a beat.

Thanks invisible, One Sister, Lyncca, DadeCountyAnthony, MissMia, K Pugh, Anty, The Traveler, bikefreax, TC, manaheim and DragonHeart.

I really, really appreciate your words and comments. I guess I don't mind charging for it now. :lol: And wtf, I'll have another print done for myself and hang it in the front room. It will accompany a shot I made of my German Sheppard about 25 years ago.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back