Dog Park Photos (C&C Welcome) - 12 photos

SaugaPhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my dog to the dog park for the first time this afternoon. He's a 7.5 month old White German Shepherd. I took quite a few photos and these were the best 12 that I came up with. It was tough for me to get a lot of nice photos because the dog was so active. I'm new to photography and I want to get better, so I welcome your question, comments, tips, advice, etc. I really only like the first three photos (and I think the second one is the only one that might actually be any good). I'm not thrilled with the last 9, but it was the best I could come up with. I will go back to the same dog park again in the future and hopefully I'll be able to improve on what I got this time.

Last edited:
Two is good but would be better in either full color or black and white. Selective color doesn't help anything. There is no reason to draw attention to the harness. The pics look like you slapped an Instagram filter on them... Each processed different. I can tell that you are trying to develop a style but I think you should focus on the basics first. It's a good start and you learn new things everyday with this hobby. Don't get discouraged by my feedback. Just keep shooting and sharing. But in reality-- if you want meaningful c&c only post one or 2 images per thread.

Nice pictures and gorgeous pup! My favorites are 2, 1, 3 and the B&W one. I'm not a big fan of the processing of the others, but that's my personal opinion.

I really like the B&W one.

Two is good but would be better in either full color or black and white. Selective color doesn't help anything. There is no reason to draw attention to the harness. The pics look like you slapped an Instagram filter on them... Each processed different. I can tell that you are trying to develop a style but I think you should focus on the basics first. It's a good start and you learn new things everyday with this hobby. Don't get discouraged by my feedback. Just keep shooting and sharing. But in reality-- if you want meaningful c&c only post one or 2 images per thread.
#2 isn't selective coloring...

It's not? On my iPhone the only color I can see is the blue. The dog, grass and ball all look like shades of grey. I'll have to look on the big screen later.

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, there was not much colour to work with today. My dog is pretty much all white. Overcast winter sky (just solid grey). The ground was a mix of snow, dirt, and dull looking grass. There were a few brown trees (no leaves). Winter in Canada can look pretty dull. That's why I couldn't get nice bright images with nice green grass, blue sky, etc.

I would have liked a few more images that look like my first picture, but it just didn't work well on most of the photos I took. My dog is just too similar a colour to the sky and the snow. Maybe next time i'll try to get him in a location where there's more of a background. I would have liked to have edited some of the photos a bit differently, but it was tough to get my dog to stand out. Maybe I'll take some of them back to lightroom and give it another shot.

I tried a few re-edits and added 2 more.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back