Dog Portrait

song2006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
c&c please... thanks for looking.

ForrestB_3.jpg

Really really love the pose of the dog! The paws, the eyes and the ears...
Love the light too. One little thing: I think a different couch would have been better (because of the colour/contrast).

pascal

Almost want to see the other side of the face. A reflector (a plain white cardboard) facing the light source by the dog would help.

Yeah that's anm awesome dog. how did you get him to stay still? I have a sheppard mix and he's always all wound up. Nice job.

Beautiful shot. I can only echo other suggestions: different background (perhaps something white), a reflector (even a white posterboard would suffice), and I'd like to see his tail or less of his body.

song2006 said:
c&c please... thanks for looking.

Oops, I must have overlooked for days that it only says what it says in your request for critique ... this is too little to post a photo in the Photo Critique, our guidelines point out that Photo Critique is a section for some much more detailed critique (per part of the poster who has to outline CLEARLY what they want to know and per part of the repliers who may also be quite harsh in their critiquing aspects of a photo).

So I moved this to the Portrait Forum, it IS a portrait, after all.

I wish his paws weren't cut off on the bottom. And yeah, the couch doesn't really do it for me either. I do like the natural lighting though.

i have another thread now in this section, subject "Forrest" if you would like to see some with a bit of a differece in lighting and crop.

the feedback really helps open my eyes to things i didnt notice. i guess it all comes with experience or im really bad at this... time will tell. :???:

thanks for the honesty, it is appreciated. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back