Doggie Photo Shoot

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So im entering a contest for dog photos over at studio414 and these are some I was considering entering.

Wondering if I could get some C&C and which shot you think I should enter.

4380984920_c7f5ef23d4.jpg

4380984828_4b636b919f.jpg

4380230487_a2d1f189b3.jpg

4380230401_b996c34fa6.jpg

4380230263_b29704a226.jpg

I don't like how I never get to see the entire dog in a frame. There is always a portion cut off, mainly the ears. Out of the lot, I would say #1 is your best shot, but I would go for a much tighter crop- get the blue collar out of the shot at the very least. The rest are simply close-ups of a dogs face, not really seeing any of his/her personality.

If you have the access (I am assuming this is your dog), reshoot. If forced to pick from these... #1 and #4.

p!nK

personally, i like the expression and feeling of number 3...

the colors in 2&4 look a bit drowned out to me

makes me miss my dobe...beautiful dog

I don't like how I never get to see the entire dog in a frame. There is always a portion cut off, mainly the ears. Out of the lot, I would say #1 is your best shot, but I would go for a much tighter crop- get the blue collar out of the shot at the very least. The rest are simply close-ups of a dogs face, not really seeing any of his/her personality.

If you have the access (I am assuming this is your dog), reshoot. If forced to pick from these... #1 and #4.

p!nK

yeah i was thinking of doing that actually, although im worried about it cutting off the shoulder joint.

#3 but I m soooooooo sad that you cut the ears off.

#3 but I m soooooooo sad that you cut the ears off.

yeah i was really mad, i didn't have a wide enough angle lens and my back was literally against the wall /cry

How bout sharpness on these? I used my 50mm which doesn't have an AF motor built in so i was a little worried about that

1- Sharpness is nice, but I dont like the composition at all. His face is kinda of mixed in with his body, unclear what is going on in that mass of fur up top. And the leash isn't appealing

2- Ears cut off, lack of depth and contrast in the image. Focus looks off as well

3- Focus looks nice and on the eyes. A bit too contrasty for my tastes as you lose detail in the eyes, but nothing dramatic. Cut off ears again. composition good, but I'd remove the collar and get in a tad closer

4- Sad look, too contrasty, ear cut off, too tight on top of his head, focus looks a bit in front of his eyes.

I saw the first and got excited but the rest were no where to close.

Although i really dont like the comp of the first one, the lighting, editing, exposure and such look great.

1- Sharpness is nice, but I dont like the composition at all. His face is kinda of mixed in with his body, unclear what is going on in that mass of fur up top. And the leash isn't appealing

2- Ears cut off, lack of depth and contrast in the image. Focus looks off as well

3- Focus looks nice and on the eyes. A bit too contrasty for my tastes as you lose detail in the eyes, but nothing dramatic. Cut off ears again. composition good, but I'd remove the collar and get in a tad closer

4- Sad look, too contrasty, ear cut off, too tight on top of his head, focus looks a bit in front of his eyes.

K thanks for these, im a little confused by what your saying is the "mass of fur" where exactly are you seeing this

The paws are clear and obvious. When your eye works its way up the image to where the head normally is, due to the head position which looks like its tucked in, it appears more as a mass then anything defined

Most reactions

New Topics

Back