TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Check him out, mans best friend.

DogBW.jpg

Actually, man's best friend is the male alligator.

When a female alligator lays eggs, the number per nest 1s about 100 eggs. The male alligator is cannibalistic and quickly dispatches about 98 of the newly-hatched alligators.

If it wasn't for the male alligator, right now we would be up to our armpits in alligators.

Very well done Tyson. The angle works well. I also like the dogs expression. and the contrasting difference between him and the backgound. The conversion to B&W also works well. It's sometimes hard to capture detail in black animals. I had a black dog once, so I know. Good picture...
Cosmo

You said it, black animales are very hard to capture right. Thats why I did the B&W, with color it was all blown out.

Was that with your E-Volt? The focus is kind of soft, as if there were either massive corrections made to a JPEG or it was a crop from a much larger pic.

If you made exposure corrections, do yourself a favor. Before making any corrections, save the original JPEG as a TIFF. It will be a huge file, but also lossless, since it is uncompressed. Make the changes you need to, then save again as JPEG, then post it. Every time you make a correction to a JPEG, you lose data, since it is a compressed image format.

Yes, it does show what Jeremy asked and already assumed, but I still like this dog's proud posture here, plus the fact that you captured so much detail on a black dog! Have you tried to put this through NeatImage? (It would need to be the colour version, though, they can only calculate RGB-colours, I think).

I did not keep a color copy, I wish I would have now.I have neat image but have never got it to work. I just never took the time to learn how. Time is a very pricy thing to me I don't have much of it.

I kind of like this second image, but with a lot of the foreground grass cropped out. I like how your dog has some room in front of him. It is generally good practice when shooting living subjects to allow room either in front of them, or where they're looking. Better composition. Otherwise, they look crowded.

In a book I'm reading now, the author compares it to standing in a box. If you are standing in a very small room, you will eventually settle in with your back to a wall, with some room in front of you. It is more comfortable. Same with pictures; they will look crowded otherwise.

Here's my suggested version; I just cropped your second one:
RusssdogMedium.jpg

Most reactions

Back