dogs are stupid

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I've just caught Abby chewing and playing with a big fat juicy wasp. When I got her away from it she kept licking her lips so I assume she's now got lots of nice stings on her tongue. I'll have to keep my eye on her because both Pickle and Abby have had swollen faces caused by wasp stings. I knew Abby was a bit thick, but still.... :confused:

Odin goes after them all the time. He apparently likes the buzzing sound. :lol:

But then, he'll eat anything that looks like it might have flavor. I've watched him lick up big fat black ants off the patio.

<<<-----I am cute. I am dumb. I am the O-dog. :mrgreen:

Yeah, my pretty, but dumb dog likes to eat bees. Every now and then, he gets a good sting and I have to give him half a benydril to get the swelling to go down. This was recommended by my vet.

Yes dogs are stupid but we still love em! My dog used to eat toads and then totally trip out from them. But he'd never learn that they were bad and not to be eaten. He was just a regular little druggie. hehe

Mine like to catch anything that moves, and doesn't...hmm come to think of it I don't think their yaps ever stay shut. My oldest catches bees quiet well, so far I don't think she has been stung. The other one...welll I don't think he has been stung...but he will eat anything and everything...just ask our carpet...

I get worried about that sorta thing with my cat...I get box elder bugs and lady bugs in my apartment, and she absolutely LOVES to catch them and play with em..and usually she eats em. Gross. I've never had a bee or wasp in my apartment though....and the thought of it scares me...she such a little kitty, it might really hurt her! :(

I wish my dog would chase & eat crickets. I have a few reptiles that eat crickets but the damn bugs get out and end up in the vents and in the basement. Then they chirp all freakin night :shock:

I've heard that some people who keep reptiles & have to feed a lot of crickets...get a gecko and let it roam free to catch the loose crickets.

lol sounds like our house. Although we have frogs in the backyard so it sounds like the bayou. I try to get whatever the dogs are trying to get out of the house...seems kinda sad...like last night we had a little beatle in the house and the youngest was trying to eat it..its sad when your dog is stronger then you are ...I'm trying to push him away, while trying to catch the darn thing...needless to say it was entertaining to watch..

Meysha said:
Yes dogs are stupid but we still love em! My dog used to eat toads and then totally trip out from them. But he'd never learn that they were bad and not to be eaten. He was just a regular little druggie. hehe
That gave me a massive grin. Remember the Simpsons episode where Homer is forced into becoming a missionary so he takes up the hobby of licking toads? I had an image of a dog with huge Homer eyes pop into my head.

Ha ha Yep that's exactly what he looked like!
We have heaps of geckos that run around on our patio roof and usually when he wasn't tripping out he would chase them or just sit there and look at them. But after a toad incident he would freak out about the geckos (that weren't there) and he'd run around on the patio barking at nothing and looking up at the roof trying to hunt the poor geckos.

Abby spends ages in the garden staring at the roof. She chases the pigeons and goes mad at any bird who dares fly over the garden. So she stands there not moving, waiting for them.
Scruffy used to chase flies, bees, wasps, cats... anything that moved actually. Including me. The times we went out into the garden in the morning to find bits of hedgehog littering the garden... He also used to watch the planes at night. His eyes would follow the flashing lights.

poor Abby... :p my Bond used to eat ants too but now he eats buterflies and tries to catch them flying

ewww..

whats with dogs and flying things? usually cats chase those...

i saw a dog on a funny home video show...it gobbled it up like a frog with it's tounge! it was very fast. maybe it was a frog in a past life. i don't know. :) but good.

poor abby.

Ha, I brought a huge barney and pooh bear balloon, mylar filled helium home from work for their birthday's and my golden just hated them! If they are near the door he won't come in the house and he barks and growls at them!
It's hilarious!
Mind you I kinda feel the same way about Barney!

Most reactions

Back