Dogwood Flower

jaxx419

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, flowers are starting to bloom and I always change my computer desktop to this photo that I took a couple years ago with my P&S camera. I just love it, and looking at it on my large work mac monitor I can see the pollen falling from one of the petals on the right side! I love the little clusters in the middle of the flowers.

Anyway -- this has always been one of my favorites and wanted to share. :) C&C is welcome.

6810726468_c76dcedb18_z.jpg

Hmm this looks better on my monitor than it does on my iPhone. Wish I had the raw file but I'm pretty sure I don't.

Just curious, what P & S camera did you use that had RAW capability?

Joel-- I don't know that the P&S even did, I'm just figuring I don't have it. I probably didn't even know why a raw file was 2 yrs ago and this might have been 3 yrs. I used a Nikon coolpix s560. I said I wish I had a raw file because I'm learning and would like to edit it.

While reading up on google to see if my old coolpix shoots raw (battery is dead and I haven't turned it on since I got my dslr) I found out that my coolpix doesn't shoot raw but the article was comparing it to a Samsung TL350 which shoots raw and jpg so I guess there are some P&S cameras out there that shoot raw.

Last edited:
Joel-- I don't know that the P&S even did, I'm just figuring I don't have it. I probably didn't even know why a raw file was 2 yrs ago and this might have been 3 yrs. I used a Nikon coolpix s560. I said I wish I had a raw file because I'm learning and would like to edit it.

While reading up on google to see if my old coolpix shoots raw (battery is dead and I haven't turned it on since I got my dslr) I found out that my coolpix doesn't shoot raw but the article was comparing it to a Samsung TL350 which shoots raw and jpg so I guess there are some P&S cameras out there that shoot raw.

Yes there certainly are, but they're expensive, and not exactly what the casual shooter buys. Anyway, I was just curious, as I use to use a Nikon P500 bridge camera, and it didn't offer RAW. I had to shoot everything in JPEG, which really hindered post processing. Now I just shoot with my D70S, and life is so much simpler. Well, sort of. ;)

I liked it .....the cluster itself has no artistic distribution in the bunch which is not your fault.... i also have a feeling that a vertical presentation could do better

Regards :D

Frequency said:
I liked it .....the cluster itself has no artistic distribution in the bunch which is not your fault.... i also have a feeling that a vertical presentation could do better

Regards :D

Thanks! I view this photo most on my computer monitor ad my desktop background so I like it horizontal and have never thought of a vertical version. The details in the clusters are neat (IMO) when viewed on a large monitor or print. They almost look like a piece of jewelry sitting on the flower.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back