doing a mass shoot for fallen heroes charity, advice welcome

flashgordio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi ive been asked to help organise and shoot at a planned event at a premiership soccer ground, it involves taking team and individual shots of local clubs with age groups from 8-15 years old. its a chance for the kids to have their photos taken on the pitch with a backdrop of the stands of their favourite team.. hopefully some of the pro players will make an appearance. the proceeds of the day will go towards a charity raising funds for a memorial for fallen heroes from the current conflicts. the chap organising the event lost his own son six months ago in Afghanistan.
any advice from anyone who has done anything similar would be welcome, eg planning the day,
preparation
setting up
equipment
creative shots or angles,examples would be brill..
editing
presentation and related products to boost sales.
we anticipate that aprox 600 kids will be turning up over 2 days, there are three people shooting, do this sound feasible.. hope you can add your bit on any part of these subjects...ta

I shoot events and use a laptop and dye sub printer to print on site, if you give these a ring and tell them what it is for they my let you borrow one very cheap or free for some advertising
Photomart

with the numbers involved it may be a bit too much for us to organise. but it may work if we do it again on a smaller sale..thanks.

would i get a better response from this post if i asked for advise on shooting bottle tops or camera straps. ..... no one got any tips on event photography?????????????

stadium of light in sunderland. week after last game about 4/5 weeks

If it had been nearer i could have brought my printer

confirmed tonight there are 34 teams averaging 15 players, more people are screaming to come but we are limiting it, we are only promising them one team pic plus one individual shot thats going to be over 1200 photos. might be too much for on the day..i dont know!!

If it had been nearer i could have brought my printer

confirmed tonight there are 34 teams averaging 15 players, more people are screaming to come but we are limiting it, we are only promising them one team pic plus one individual shot thats going to be over 1200 photos. might be too much for on the day..i dont know!!

6x4 every 20 seconds 8x6 and 9x6 a bit longer, at the normall price of £10 for 9x6 with mount = £12,000

6x4 every 20 seconds 8x6 and 9x6 a bit longer, at the normall price of £10 for 9x6 with mount = £12,000[/QUOTE]
i believe the deal thats been struck up with the local league was to charge £15 for one a4 team shot and a 7x5 individual shot. how dos that sound. 35% of profit to charity....

6x4 every 20 seconds 8x6 and 9x6 a bit longer, at the normall price of £10 for 9x6 with mount = £12,000
i believe the deal thats been struck up with the local league was to charge £15 for one a4 team shot and a 7x5 individual shot. how dos that sound. 35% of profit to charity....[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me, if you go to one of the big printers it will work out very cheap for that many prints( cheaper than a dye sub print but dye sub prints are water resistant )

Big day has been set for the 30th of this month and the best news is we have only been given the stadium for one day to shoot 600 kids. Thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice:.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back