Dom Bower's D600 Love Rant

You are getting a full frame camera cheap because of possible issues, but knowing with absolute certainty that if you DO have sensor oil issues that it WILL be taken care of by nikon, or replaced with a D610.

Yeah, they'll take care of it all right... I sent them my D600 and all I got was this brand new in box D610 with 1yr warranty instead.

20150714_204839.jpg

So long lifetime shutter replacement/coverage--Nice knowing you.

So yeah, the D600 has oil spots.

It also has a fantastic sensor and takes pictures utilizing it.

Last edited:
I see posts marking D600 at 800$ and 900$, the cheapest I can find here is at 1900$.. Sometimes I just hate you guys! :icon_pissedoff:

You are getting a full frame camera cheap because of possible issues, but knowing with absolute certainty that if you DO have sensor oil issues that it WILL be taken care of by nikon, or replaced with a D610.

Yeah, they'll take care of it all right... I sent them my D600 and all I got was this brand new in box D610 with 1yr warranty instead.

20150714_204839.jpg

So long lifetime shutter replacement/coverage--Nice knowing you.

So yeah, the D600 has oil spots.

It also has a fantastic sensor and takes pictures utilizing it.

How do you like that Tamron 24-70?

How do you like that Tamron 24-70?

It's great, but I'm not sure I would sell that 24-85 for it. [Don't that as a negative on the Tamron]

Nikon has more maintenance service initiatives for the d800/e, d700 (yes the "D" seven-hundred), d7100 but only to select registered owners ==> The free maintenance service initiative is sent only to D800 D800E D700 and D7100 cameras owners Nikon Rumors

I've been reading a few accounts from D800e owners talking about this. It's cool on Nikon's part but it makes me wonder what prompted it, what's actually the reason they are doing it, and what they will actually do with your perfectly functioing camera...

what's really odd is D700's are included.
Could be a long term quality control check ??

or converting all the cameras to d610's internals because they all look the same and are approximately the same size anyways ? :)

They are only offering to people that have registered the camera with Nikon, so could just be PR so Nikon users feel better about CS (customer appreciation), or they could be using it to see how many shots people are using and how they are holding up in the real world. Who knows.

I see posts marking D600 at 800$ and 900$, the cheapest I can find here is at 1900$.. Sometimes I just hate you guys! :icon_pissedoff:
I'll sell you mine for $1600 USD :)
lol.. the funny part is that I might actually have taken up the offer for a newish D600 if the warranty was valid in India :345:

Jeez I'll sell you my brand new (37 shutter clicks) D610 for $1600 and I'll take of any warranty work, you can just ship to me first.

also: does anyone know if Nikon/Canon has stats on sales per model?

[QUOTE="Derrel, post: 3504762, member: 44194" It's like the famed Leica lens designer Dr. Mandler said: "The only way to really know a lens is to shoot it for a year."[/QUOTE] what?! But that doesn't fit into my 30 day return window.

also: does anyone know if Nikon/Canon has stats on sales per model?

Problem is that their sales figures are based on sales shipped from their warehouses. Anything. So if it is sold to a store and sits on that store shelve for years, it's still considered a sale.

So stores initially buy new items for inventory but those are considered sales.
Whereas stores want to sell to the consumer, which is considered a sale to them rather than depreciating inventory.

Just got my D600 through the post this morning and have been out testing it.

What a fantastic camera, the iso performance really does blow away the my D7100!

I'm taking very clean pics at 4000 iso. Before, I didn't dare go above 1250 on the D7100 :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back