Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Probably our largest donation yet!
just in time for the holidays!
Up for donation this time around is an entire DSLR system, complete with camera, battery grip, lens, flash, CF cards, and case.
Donation includes:
Nikon D100
MB-D100 battery grip with 2 OEM nikon batteries
Nikkor 28-70 AF-D lens
Nikon SB-24 TTL hot-shoe flash
Tamrac backpack case
2 gig and 1 gig CF card
OEM nikon battery charger

We realize the probable limited interest of this donation being a D100 and all..I cant tell you how many shutter actuation's the camera has..it doesn't write that in the Exif data. i would say a lot. We got this camera in early 2006 when the wedding photographer my wife interned with upgraded to D200's. before we got it he had it completely serviced by Nikon. It was our first DSLR. This will likely NOT be an upgrade for anyone, since it is a 10 year old camera. everything works very well, and we have had no problems with anything on the camera, grip,lens, or flash.
The D100 does shoot RAW, and puts out a decent picture, especially if you use LR or PS. It also has a built in focus motor allowing it to autofocus any AF lens.

if you are not familiar with the D100 ('cause its so old)
Nikon D100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nikon D100 Review by Thom Hogan

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this gear. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. (even to Canada)

The criteria for this gear should be pretty obvious but I will lay out some general guidlines.
1: you NEED this camera. meaning you DO NOT have another DSLR.
(honestly though, any DSLR purchased in the last 7-8 years is probably better anyway)
2: you live in the continental US or Canada.
3: you have been an ACTIVE member of the forum for at least 2 months
(ALL rules are at me and my wife's discretion. we reserve the right to change the criteria or cancel the donation at ANY time for ANY dumb old reason)

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the gear, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the gear ,an honest gear list, and why you believe you need the gear . PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

thank you all for the chance to help out the photography community.

-Jason and the Wife

View attachment 29113
View attachment 29118
View attachment 29119
View attachment 29120
View attachment 29121
View attachment 29122
View attachment 29123

Last edited:
ME, ME, ME...as a proxy for my son. ;)
You know my story. I'll sum it up for others. He's an artist. He really wants to get into photography, but doesn't even WANT a "new" DSLR. He's a hard-working, but very poor college student so he just can't--actually, *won't*--buy it for himself. By "won't" I mean he's so frugal and careful with his money that he just doesn't really use it for anything except college, food, rent and gas money.
I'm a hard-working, but poor single mom with two boys in college, so I can't just buy it for him unless the price is right. I'd hoped to find that "right" camera for Christmas, but so far haven't found anything.

That's basically our little story. He took a photography class in high school and borrowed my film SLR for that--he's eager to learn to use a DSLR and I'd love to see what he creates with it.

EDIT: Oh, his gear list. Nothing. I gave him my Canon Powershot point-and-shoot about a month ago. :D And I'd also be giving him either the Tamron lens you donated to me or the 55-300 that is still working despite all odds. Whichever lens I don't give to him, I'll be donating to my my friend's daughter, who is also a hard-working but poor college student--she has a D5000, and actually already HAS my 55-300 lens because I "loaned" it to her until I decide what to do with it. She is really quite talented and I've loved seeing what she produces with it! (As an unrelated side note: she is originally from Ethiopia--she and her mom both became US Citizens this past year!! Woot!)

Last edited:
This would probably be better for my 10 year old than my D90 that I thought about giving him. He loves photography and I'm sure he would absolutely love to get a great camera. Here's one he took with his mom's crappy point and shoot. $dddd.jpgFwiw I'm a stay at home dad so I have no income to get anything else (camera wise) for my son.

Last edited:
I would love to be able to give this to one of my children. Money has been tight and we have two kids that love to take pictures, but I have a hard time letting them use our good slr bodies. So if that qualifies then please add my name to the list.

Last edited:
Dude, didn't you just buy that the other day? lol.

I don't see limited interest at all, I think you'll get a lot of replies on this one.

it's a good bundle, most would love to have. I certainly would. But don't include me in this, make sure it gets to a good needy home.

Dude, didn't you just buy that the other day? lol.

I don't see limited interest at all, I think you'll get a lot of replies on this one.

it's a good bundle, most would love to have. I certainly would. But don't include me in this, make sure it gets to a good needy home.

no, no..I picked up a D200 the other day.

With this only being on the donation block for an hour and a half, Sharon already has my vote hands down. She gives herself totally to the TPF community as well as her personal life. I can't think of soul on this board who could be more deserving.

With this only being on the donation block for an hour and a half, Sharon already has my vote hands down. She gives herself totally to the TPF community as well as her personal life. I can't think of soul on this board who could be more deserving.

:blushing: Wow, thanks Rick, that gave me the warm fuzzies. :lol:

Well deserved Sharon, well deserved.

I'll vote for Sharon too.

Seems like nice people. :D

I would like to put my name in the hat for this I take a lot photos of shelter dogs and I would like to have a set up I could teach my helper how to use so we together could get more photos taken and posted each day of the dogs I would not be donating it. It would still go out shooting with me and my husband he has only a point and shoot right now and would love to have a better camera. The point and shoot would go to my brother and his wife as there camera was stolen ( they are hard working but young with two kids so not a lot of $$) last week so three good deeds in one if you send it to us over here.

Gear list cannon t3 kit lens 50mm, cheapo flash, and a 5 year old point and shoot don't know it name.

manicmike,like sharon, seems like nice people,too.Should be less a popularity thing than a needs/use thing.I don't have a horse in this race,but I sure don't envy the position Mr. & Mrs Pixmedic are in as far as making a decision.It's a beautiful and selfless thing that they do,and I would hate to see it abused.
That being said,when you give away the D600,I want in!!!(lol)
Anyway,I thought it was neat how far dslr has come in 10 yrs,and just wanted to share Thom Hogans views from 2003
Nikon D100 Review by Thom Hogan

I have been here for 3 days and i have seen 2 donation posts from pixmedic. Dang. Im amazed.

Most reactions

Back