donating my hair!

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ive wanted to do this for a looooooong long time but ive always been selfishly attached to my long hair. im finally doing it!! i found an organization to donate to ---Children With Hair Loss Nonprofit --- that will use the hair to make wigs for children with cancer. im excited and nervous!!

heres my most recent photo so you can see the length.. and below a link to the length im going to have it cut to.

DSC_0209-3 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

http://www.hairstyleswebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/shoulder-length-hair.jpg

i contacted a salon here and spoke with the girl ive heard tons of good things about and come to find out she does free cuts for hair donations! sweet! tuesday morning its happening!!

Pics or it didn't happen! Lol!:sexywink:

Seriously though, that is a wonderful selfless act.

really wonderful you're doing this. :hug::

I have been growing mine out. Since I was diagnosed (non-H lymphoma, pulmonary sarcoidosis and pulmonary fibrosis), went through my "heavy treatment" (9 rounds radiation) and all things considered, I kind of got off lightly (though I am back on a weekly methotrexate injection, chemo drug but not radiation), I grew my hair out for this exact reason, to give something back. I have 2 years of hair now and am really looking forward to getting it cut!

Thanks for what you are doing, and also not getting into the Lock of Love thing. . . they have really been in some sketchy business in the past few years and IIRC, still in the middle of a 6 million dollar "scandal". I am happy you found an alternative.

You are doing it for a GREAT cause, you could donate 10 inches and STILL have loads to work with, don't be nervous, it will grow back before you know it.

Thank you for what you are doing!

Most reactions

Back