I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dug up out of exile is a Nikkor 50mm f/2 AI lens.
this is a manual focus lens with no electronic connections.
focus assist works great with this lens on my D7100.
lens is in EX condition, although there is minor damage to the filter threads, but not enough that i cant get a 52mm vivitar skylight filter on and off of it.
front and rear elements are free of any scratches, fungus, or marks. minor amount of internal dust.
focus ring is smooth, aperture ring is smooth and clicks into each position. aperture blades are free of oil.

I wasn't going to bother posting this lens since I figured there would be pretty much no interest in an old MF 50mm lens, but there has been a fair amount of talk lately about reversing ring macro photography, and since you have to manually focus anyway, AND need an aperture ring, I thought someone stuck with G lenses with no aperture ring that wants to try some cheap macro photography with a reversing ring might want to snap this up.
(although the donation is open to people that want to use the lens for regular photography as well)

most of you already know how the donations go.
(ALL rules and criteria are subject to me and my wife's discretion and may be changed and/or the donation cancelled at any time for any dumb old reason)

lens is FREE to good home (shipping is on us) (CON US ONLY, and Alaska)
If interested, post HERE with your current camera setup and why you want this lens.
(PM's and Emails may or may not get considered)

-Jason

View attachment 49365
View attachment 49366
View attachment 49367
View attachment 49368

Cool deal!!

Reverse lens was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw this thread.

Anyhow, I already have a 50mm and will save this for someone who really needs it.

This is a lovely lens. I own S/N 3754654 and it is basically my favorite lens on the D3100. It's sharper than the sensor by some unknown degree, which is plenty for me.

Cool deal!!

Reverse lens was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw this thread.

Anyhow, I already have a 50mm and will save this for someone who really needs it.

Same here! Would be a great deal for someone who wanted a dedicated lens for macro work.

It's Christmas in July! Good man Jason.

I'd be very greatful to take that off your hands. I have a Nikon d5000 with the kit lens, and a wife that won't allow me to get any more lenses at the moment. Would gladly share pictures Ill take with it.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:
I have a Nikon N2000 that it will fit on (Manual Focus Film Camera) I would love to have this

I half way own a d5200 with the kit lens ( half way cuz I am making payments on it) would love to have this lens to take some nice broken photos of my baby girl. And grow as a photographer over all.

Thank you
Alex

Um, please add my name to the drawing. My nifty fifty is either lost in the sands of time (err dunes) or has found another owner against my will. ETA: that leaves me with the kit lens and an old 35-80 f/4-f5.6D.

Last edited:
OOOOH! I have an F3 that is without a suitable lens at the moment (using the 50 1.8D is just unpleasant, and the focus ring isn't working properly as of now). This would make an excellent piece of glass to complete that setup!

I have a d90 and a 50mm is something I've been wanting but can't afford at the moment. I've also wanted to dabble in MF but never had the guts to throw out a hundred or whatever for one (nor would wife approve of such an experiment )

side note: I always wear an aperture bracelet with those old school color f stops on them, but no lenses to match it lol

feel free to check out my flickr as well if interested in some of my work to judge off of.

Hey pixmedic, can you take my name off the list? I picked up a little manual focus 28mm from local camera shop to assuage my sadness and manual focusy macro needs :goodvibe:. My old one as used for pics of the boys and these kids are fast like hummingbirds. So I'm better off staying through the waiting period and just replacing my lost 50mm.

Hey pixmedic, can you take my name off the list? I picked up a little manual focus 28mm from local camera shop to assuage my sadness and manual focusy macro needs :goodvibe:. My old one as used for pics of the boys and these kids are fast like hummingbirds. So I'm better off staying through the waiting period and just replacing my lost 50mm.

so let it be written, so let it be done.

not going to let this one run very long.
unless I forget, im going to wrap it up tomorrow.
last call.

Most reactions

Back