Don't have a clue how I did this..

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But I love the way it turned out. This is a picture I took of myself :blushing: with a small canon I keep in my purse. SD900- Love this little camera!! Anyways, I edited in lightroom (I read a post here. Someone suggested it to another person and I tried it). It was a color picture.. Anyone know what the heck I did to it? Oh, and in my left eye I had some mascara inside my lower eye line. How do I edit it out?

966-2.jpg

IF we could see the original we could see what it is you did, and probably can tell you how to recreate the look if you so desired.

Also if you explained what it is that you like so much about it, we could probably tell you ways to achieve that in a few different ways.

To edit out the eyeliner you could zoom way in and use a the spot removal tool in Lightroom.

Shoot-- Maybe I didn't make it b&w? I still see a little color in it.
I like this look.. I wouldn't do all pictures like this. But I was playing with it and liked it.

576.jpg
966-2.jpg

Oh, and what I like about it.
I like how my eyes stand out.. and I like that there is a hint of lip color.

Looks to me you went under Presets-

Creative-Cold Tone
You can run through all those different presets, and then you can find one you like and tweak it a bit with all the controls on the right.

I can see the interest in the selective coloring, kinda cool.

I give up for tonight on how to get that thing out of my eye line area. But, I do know how to make my eyes any color I want.. just about.. But not get that black spot out.

Did you hit Image>Desaturate ? It looks desaturated, but not fully,since as you point out, there's a hint of color.

I've already stated exactly how it was done. I recreated it to verify the results prior to posting.

This could be done lots of ways. Here's one (you can use the clone tool to remove the mascara):

THANK YOU! I will print this an try it at home later! I tried for an hour last night!!!:hugs:

Thank you all for helping me! I am super new, and excited to learn. I PROMISE to limit pictures of myself!!

(I usually just take a picture of myself when I am out to see what I look like. It's easier than going to the restroom to make sure my make up still looks good.)

Most reactions

Back