Don't know what I should do....

I don't want to sound real dumb, but how would I shoot in 8x10? All of the pictures that I take shooting on my 50d are raw files and come to be 19x13. It maybe a stupid question, but can I change to shoot 8x10 on my camera?

No...8x10 is a large format camera....in other words you would need a sensor in your camera that measures 8x10.

Sw1tchFX...Shame on you for confusing the poor new guy....:blackeye:

So, i'm guessing the 5d (the 1st one) has the sensor to shoot 8x10?;)

No, the 5D has what is called a full frame sensor. What that is, is a sensor that measures out to that of a 35mm film frame...roughly 36 x 24 mm

No...8x10 is a large format camera....in other words you would need a sensor in your camera that measures 8x10.

No, the 5D has what is called a full frame sensor. What that is, is a sensor that measures out to that of a 35mm film frame...roughly 36 x 24 mm

WoW, I have a lot to learn.....Is there a difference with just cropping the photo's in photoshop?

I don't want to sound real dumb, but how would I shoot in 8x10? All of the pictures that I take shooting on my 50d are raw files and come to be 19x13. It maybe a stupid question, but can I change to shoot 8x10 on my camera?

When someone talks about shooting 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14, they're talking about shooting on a camera that actually produces negatives or slides that are 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14 INCHES in size.

So if you shot 8x10, you'd have to use a 350mm lens to roughly give you the same angle of view of a 50mm on a 5d, and your negative would be the size of an 8x10 print.

RIDICULOUS amounts of detail.

When someone talks about shooting 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14, they're talking about shooting on a camera that actually produces negatives or slides that are 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14 INCHES in size.

So if you shot 8x10, you'd have to use a 350mm lens to roughly give you the same angle of view of a 50mm on a 5d, and your negative would be the size of an 8x10 print.

RIDICULOUS amounts of detail.

Ok, I kinda get it now.thanks a lot for the information!!!

Most reactions

Back