don't know where to put it. so it's going here!

naptime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toledotees.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the first of many boxes arrived today !!!!

our new camera's for me and my daughter.

we ended up getting canon 450d/xsi

i got a black one with roughly 2650 actuations. (edited)

she got a silver one with roughly 6500 actuations.

a canon 18-55 ef-s II kit lens.

a canon 50mm 1.8 lens.

i got myself a battery grip, i'll get the kiddo one, if it's not too big for her hands.

4 batteries each, 2 chargers each.

picked up opteka hand/wrist straps. i think we'll like them.

infrared remotes for both.

and.. for 12 bucks, i'm sure the quality will suck, but just for fun, i got a screw on .45x wide angle lens.

and of course, we also have our old lenses as well, 28-80, 35-80, and 70-300. so, five lenses to share between us.

mine showed up today, with the kit lens. hers and the 50mm arrive tomorrow. everything else, probably by the weekend.

Last edited:
Traditionally speaking new gear threads/parties go in Equipment :)

Also only 6.5K shots - they hardly pressed the shutter!
Sounds like a good little setup and certainly will be good to see you guys getting to grips and advancing with them :)

Traditionally speaking new gear threads/parties go in Equipment :)

Also only 6.5K shots - they hardly pressed the shutter!
Sounds like a good little setup and certainly will be good to see you guys getting to grips and advancing with them :)

i know, i was thrilled to come across them.

hers is silver, and has a few surface scratches here and there. as would be expected from a camera a few years old.

but yeah, only 6.5k shots !!

and mine, has nothing. barely even a fingerprint. not a single scratch. and only 2650k shots. (edited)

every paper, manual, cd, cable, plastic wrap was in the box. hell, even the original best buy receipt for 799 was in the box. lol.

the extra's weren't 100% necessary, but i knew i would eventually want them, and i had budgeted for them.

but, the batteries and chargers were only 6 bucks each. so now we each have two used and two new bats. and 2 chargers each.

the hand grips, we came across, and we think it's just what we wanted. we'l find out soon enough.

now, it's all on us.... can't blame the film or the scanner anymore :D

Last edited:
naptime said:
the first of many boxes arrived today !!!!

our new camera's for me and my daughter.

we ended up getting canon 450d/xsi

i got a black one with roughly 4000 actuations.

she got a silver one with roughly 6500 actuations.

a canon 18-55 ef-s II kit lens.

a canon 50mm 1.8 lens.

i got myself a battery grip, i'll get the kiddo one, if it's not too big for her hands.

4 batteries each, 2 chargers each.

picked up opteka hand/wrist straps. i think we'll like them.

infrared remotes for both.

and.. for 12 bucks, i'm sure the quality will suck, but just for fun, i got a screw on .45x wide angle lens.

and of course, we also have our old lenses as well, 28-80, 35-80, and 70-300. so, five lenses to share between us.

mine showed up today, with the kit lens. hers and the 50mm arrive tomorrow. everything else, probably by the weekend.

Congratulations!!!!!

Good score, now, why the hades are you in here talking about it when you should be outside shooting with it?????

:p

Good score, now, why the hades are you in here talking about it when you should be outside shooting with it?????

i'm painting in the living room before the new furniture arrives tomorrow.

but batteries are charging for later tonight !!!!

i'm painting in the living room before the new furniture arrives tomorrow.

but batteries are charging for later tonight !!!!
Well... as long as it's only 'til the batteries are charged!

Awesome dude! I am excited to see your shots!

Glad you got that 50mm f/1.8 too, you'll be glad as well once you shoot with it.

Keep it up, brother!

You did great! I am so excited for both of you!!!

Congratulations! There's nothing like a new toy(s) to make one's week.

I'm expecting a flash this week, which will make my day.

I look forward to seeing the results!

Sounds great...and I love the father/kid stuff...I enjoy going out with Ruby (who's 6) with her 400D and my 40D. Enjoy it, and look forward to seeing the results later on! :)

Sounds like a good week to me. Im waiting for my 70-200 2.8 to come in. That will make my week. Have fun shooting!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back