Don't Mention Bananas - The TPF Oxford Thread

Well here are my 2

The East and North wing of my Summer home, Oh and if you think you can just walk around think again, I have many well trained Otters ;)
_N0H2851.jpg

Some wonky building with Ferny in the way
_N0H2853.jpg

Well here's the start of my journal of the day....

We aimed to meet at the train station, and everyone that we were expecting to be there on time was - apart from me and Plasticspanner, by the time we got there the group had made it to the castle and were browsing throught the Earth From The Air exhibition - no cameras had been drawn at that point, so got mine out which led to a reduction in the general shyness and led others to expose their equipment.

Andy and Ferny catch up on old times

tpf-ox-100.jpg

Suddenly, word came through that Gela had made it to the station - we headed off to meet her at the bus station - sadly she had headed for the train station, so we hung around in Gloucester Green - Monty and Kelly who work with Sandie, decided to tag along for the morning, and they waited with the rest of us whilst Alex headed off to collect Gela.

tpf-ox-101.jpg

A couple arrived and found a bench then settled down for some lovin - despite the socks!

tpf-ox-102.jpg

Alex found Gela, and we headed off to St Giles. The group pondered the pedestrian crossing for a while until someone pressed the button - after Ferny had sprinted to the other side - we sent him first to make sure it was safe

tpf-ox-103.jpg

Claire - who is my friend from college - met up with an old friend of hers who was working at the Randolph hotel

tpf-ox-104.jpg

When we eventually got across the road to catch up with Ferny, he was hiding behind the Martyrs Memorial - I think the excitement of his sprint got to him, Andy just looked on in disdain...

tpf-ox-105.jpg

Just along the road, we stopped to watch a huge crane start to be stripped down - don't know what they were lifting with it, but it was huge!

tpf-ox-106.jpg

Then it was through a doorway, and into St Johns college courtesy of Louise (who had nicked a set of keys from somewhere)

tpf-ox-107.jpg

More in a bit

great :)

would love to post images, but my flatmates keep me quite busy tonight! ;)

Those are the two female flatmates, right?

Since there are no male flatmates, you must be right!

we just had a little booze-up ... and you should consider that I have not been to bed since I left the last Oxford pub with Louise last night/this morning.

Since there are no male flatmates, you must be right!

we just had a little booze-up ... and you should consider that I have not been to bed since I left the last Oxford pub with Louise last night/this morning.

You've not been to bed since you left Louise! :hail:

7:15am - under the Herald checking for where this knocking is coming from. Give up when I can't find anything and when I realise that the gearbox might be low of oil and I have to strip the inside of the car to get to the filler plug. Looks like I'm using the Acclaim.

8am - Jump in Herald and turn the radio up. Knocking noise disappears.

9am (ish?) - Get to Tony's and gently tap on his door. Doorbells are rare around them parts. Get let in to meet Sandi, Alex, Tony and one of their sons. That's Tony and Sandi's son. I don't think Alex had anything to do with him - the hair shares no resemblance.

No idea on times now for a while. Sandi asks very politely for Tony to give her some money for the bus and we leave Tony behind to wait for Mr Spanner. Bloody northerners... Skirt-seeing, sorry, sight-seeing into the middle of Oxford went well. When we got there we walked over to the train stations to meet Andy. Backpackers stink by the way. We leave with Andy then stop for Sandi to go back and get her mates. As we walk off this luminous Australian thing comes over to us from the other side of the road. When my UV glasses settle down I can see it's Louise. We all go to the castle were Tony and Chris are. On the way Alex takes us to meet his wife friend. Tony explains that Oxford is a rubbish place to go to if you want to take photos - cheers for that, Tony. Sandi meets two more friends there - I think she knows everyone in Oxford. We admire the worlds largest plastic bag on the scaled map of Earth then head to a college where Louise works.

On the way (after I ostrich ran across the road) some Umpa-Lumpas were working on a normal sized crane. This is how they normally look when not wearing makeup.
c530d822.jpg

04ee5da6.jpg

2601e842.jpg

99ee5a96.jpg

Then it was into the college. Andy takes some photos;
b94101fa.jpg

A hole in the walls;
70576c05.jpg

Louise leads us through and towards some trees which she later encourages us into and out of sight of people. It worries me;
1a76752f.jpg

Andy caught mid-breakdancing;
cc3641eb.jpg

I liked the colours (these are all unedited and shot at 400iso, I might try and make some look nice later unless I'm too lazy);
632b1db5.jpg

Tone;
1514f6d2.jpg

Tony rummaging through his bag
e75d9a70.jpg

Then someone shouted "pillows";
0bb4117e.jpg

Alex;
492f8b61.jpg

Purdy colours again;
99d56650.jpg

Well, erm, yes...;
24a391f5.jpg

I'll post some more later.

Into the rather nice gardens again and we saw a door;
4e53dcbf.jpg

And a flower;
7ae2cdf4.jpg

Into some student accomodation. Chris sneaks off to look for young girls to photograph through the windows and thinks we didn't spot him;
c2a69a04.jpg

Sandie's friend tries to be a bit crafty;
c98a759e.jpg

And gets busted;
374689b8.jpg

A nice view of some courtyard thingy bit;
0b0aaa05.jpg

There was also a fish-eye lens on a gate, I think it was the one above. All my attempts to use it failed but here's the best one;
073a4204.jpg

We saw a massive leaf. So huge they even marked how large it was;
56fd6163.jpg

A crafty shot of Alex and his "friend", he doesn't look too happy;
7d1ae7bf.jpg

But he soon cheered up. We no longer to the TPF salute at these meet-ups. Instead we've choriographed a nice dance. I only managed to get two shots of it but you should be able to get the basics from this. Point, turn round and slide to the side, look to where you were pointing, the slide and point to continue. You can point in any way you choose, that's the best part. Becky takes the lead;
30bb4fdd.jpg

7cbb8583.jpg

More later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back