Don't Mention Bananas - The TPF Oxford Thread

This is such a busy week that I cannot post any of my (rather poor) images yet :(

Great to see most others started already though :)

Agreed. But I think Alex is going to hurt Crhis one day! :mrgreen:

All of you will suffer! :p

In the gardens, Gela was getting up close and personal with the plant life

tpf-ox-118.jpg

I had a go as well with some spiky looking things

tpf-ox-119.jpg

Then Louise returned with Becky who managed to find her way across town to the college

tpf-ox-120.jpg

Ferny and Sandie became good friends under a tree in a secluded part of the garden...

tpf-ox-121.jpg

This was short lived after Sandie spotted something drop out of Ferny's trouser leg...

tpf-ox-122.jpg

Elsewhere, the group managed to defend themselves when a blonde ninja student confronted them

tpf-ox-123.jpg

...and a leaf fell to the ground, devoid of life and of no more use to the tree that grew it - Autumn was upon us

tpf-ox-124.jpg

The squirrels foraged for winter stores

tpf-ox-125.jpg

The students hurried back to their flats to get away from the cold

tpf-ox-126.jpg

and Alex made us all a nice strong cup of East German coffee

tpf-ox-127.jpg

Oh how I am enjoying this thread! Once more, a TPF crowd seems to have had sooooo much fun when they met! Wish I could have been there, but ... it was not meant to be this time. There's always a next time, I guess. Until then, I will keep enjoying this newest of meet-up threads!

Originally Posted by tempra
This was short lived after Sandie spotted something drop out of Ferny's trouser leg...

tpf-ox-122.jpg

I heard he was a fun-guy, but this is taking things too far!
groucho.gif

had fun this night, but for some strange reason i cannot post any photos!

So, after our coffee we headed on into the chapel, it was quite a posh chapel as they left their books lying around and no-one has stole them yet

tpf-ox-129.jpg

There was even a golden bird that hadn't been nicked, so we knew we were in a reasonably safe place

tpf-ox-130.jpg

Monty and Chris made their way up the aisle

tpf-ox-131.jpg

And we looked in awe at the rather large and shiny organ that was in the ceiling

tpf-ox-132.jpg

There was some nice artwork that has since suffered at the hands of photoshop

tpf-ox-134.jpg

along with a few dodgy shadows that appeared

tpf-ox-135.jpg

Underneath all of this calmness though, it was clear that all was not well -simple instructions were ignored...

tpf-ox-137.jpg

the statues looked elsewhere so they wouldn't get the blame

tpf-ox-138.jpg

and despite the signs that said no mobile phones, Sandie kept in touch with her friends

tpf-ox-139.jpg

Louise took a pew after a rousing rendition of ave maria

tpf-ox-141.jpg

and a couple of sinister shadows appeared on the massive organ

tpf-ox-142.jpg

It was time to leave, should I take the pencil or not??? oh the temptation!

tpf-ox-143.jpg

so out of 13 people at the meet up only 4 have posted photos

so out of 13 people at the meet up only 4 have posted photos

Terrible isn't it - there's a typo in your sig as well!

I'll chase up the college two in a couple of weeks - half term at the mo, amd Sandie has some, so I'll get her to post hers - and Montys.

In the meantime, I'll carry on posting :wink:

So, we eventually found our way out of the secret garden that is St Johns College, and landed outside of the doorway of the Lamb & Flag where we felt obliged to sample a little of the local hospitality - I failed to take any photos in there as I was thirsty!

After being suitably refreshed, we headed over to the Museum of Natural History - somewhere that Corinna's daughter Sabine visited a couple of times while she was in Oxford.

The main thing to remember is not to step on the grates in there, as thats when the monsters appear - too late!

tpf-ox-144.jpg

Next thing you know, all hell broke loose, and I narrowly missed being stepped on by a T-Rex...

tpf-ox-145.jpg

On closer inspection, I think he could have done with a pedicure

tpf-ox-146.jpg

Crowds of people though it was all part of the show - it was too late for them though

tpf-ox-148.jpg

This couple didn't stand a chance as several of the beasts attacked at once

tpf-ox-150.jpg

Claire was a gonner

tpf-ox-151.jpg

Sandie came close...

tpf-ox-152.jpg

...but managed to evade the jaws of death

tpf-ox-153.jpg

but then wasn't so lucky once the raptor found her...

tpf-ox-156.jpg

Caroline just didnt see it coming...

tpf-ox-154.jpg

Luckily, I was still alive and managed to dodge this beast

tpf-ox-157.jpg

Chris was trying to work out 'what that button does' = it was too late for him...

tpf-ox-155.jpg

Just when I thought it was the end for all of us, a heroine stepped into the breach to take control

tpf-ox-147.jpg

With her trusty sidekick they managed to remove the kid from the grate, and quell the invasion of the beasts. After removing the kid, they returned triumphant from their victory

tpf-ox-149.jpg

Well done! said the statuesque fellow in the museum

tpf-ox-158.jpg

And to celebrate, he did a magic trick with coins

tpf-ox-159.jpg

Ferny looked on in awe, he hadn't seen anything like this since Fred the fiddler invited him into his house one afternoon many years ago

tpf-ox-160.jpg

Not wanting to lose any more of our number, we left the museum and headed off in search of food.

Most reactions

Back