Don't take my picture

daluke09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you get people to not put their hand over their face or duck behind someone when taking a picture?

The story is this.... My girlfriends cousin is getting married the end of this month and my GF and I were thinking about taking pictures of the showers, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and putting them into a book and giving it to the bride and groom as a gift. Great idea right? Well my girlfriend went to the first shower (I think there is one more) and anytime she took a picture everyone was trying to not be in the picture..... even the bride! Their excuse was "I take bad pictures." No S#!+ No one takes a good picture with a hand in their face!:x There were some good pictures taken when people were not aware that they were being photographed but after they saw the flash they were on the look out. Does anyone else have this problem with people? I just want to tell them to take a nice picture for once so maybe one day you can enjoy the photos taken.

It is so frustrating. And to make matters worse they are not serving alcohol at the reception:grumpy:. We will save that rant for later though.

I still have that problem sometimes and what I do is let them feel at ease, for example, when they are busy doing something I use a zoom lens to zoom in and not be near them when I take their photos.

I also avoid using flash. I prefer to set my camera accoridng to the available light in the room and I avoid at all cost to use a flash.

I can't avoid it sometimes, but the ones that I took without flash came out wonderful while they were busy doing something and didn't notice me at all. :wink:

Agreed, I def. use a tele to get candids. Besides who wants a bunch of posed pictures anyway, candids are soo much better.

Live view plus a tiltable LCD screen allows me to shoot candids from waist level.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back