Don't take the stairs

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The back wall being so bright takes all the attention, leaving the stairs as a secondary subject. Adding some flash could have balanced the scene better IMO.

With its thread title and being from you, I was thinking of something more on the lines of this. :biggrin:

Hey I am a serious artist!

I wanted to have the center bright and the outside dark to lead in the eye.

Too late i already took them but it was worth it at the top there was a busty blonde

Just empty bottles of wine at the top of these stairs.

Hey I am a serious artist!

I wanted to have the center bright and the outside dark to lead in the eye.

I get that (well, the part about the center anyhow :lol:), but that wall really is much too bright. I'm not even sure one can see all the detail on it (looking at it now on just-OK work monitor). Try going back to the raw file and pulling out as much detail as you can. You can darken the other walls a little to maintain the feel of it. I really like the different tonalities on the walls.

$stairs2.jpg

Re-edit

I looked at this yesterday and also thought the back wall too bright, I like this edit a lot, it has a really nice feel to it, the dark feels like its looming around/behind me now instead of the bright wall slamming me in the eyes.

I looked at this yesterday and also thought the back wall too bright, I like this edit a lot, it has a really nice feel to it, the dark feels like its looming around me now instead of the bright wall slamming me in the eyes.

Thanks. My personal tastes of high contrast doesn't seem to be the norm. :)

Oh I love me some high contrast! Just in this case I think there is too much of that wall to do it, perhaps if there was less of it? Step backwards a few steps and add another level of darkness by using the doorway more to balance the stark white and maybe?

Yeah, that works better for me. You could even make the back wall a little brighter than that, as long as you don't lose the detail.

Thanks. I will have to work on my contrasty affections.

I like the reedit over the original, not just in contrast. I like the door frame in the lower left. It helps me feel more closed off, a little claustrophobic even. I think that feeling fits well with the image.

Most reactions

Back