Don't you hate it when....

LuckySo-n-So

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You post photos on a non-photgraphy forum for others' enjoyment and someone replies with the following:

Man, that must be a great camera. Magazine quality pictures.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, you know, you come across this ALL THE TIME.
You take good photos and people say "I wish I had a camera like yours, then I....".
I find this reaction almost normal... makes me cringe inwardly and roll my eyes in secret, but...

Someone on here once said, a good reply would be to go visiting with someone for dinner, and then later say: "This was a delicious dinner, your kitchen stove must be top class".

but I do have a good camera!
least its far better than the monkey behind it!

WTD95.jpg

You post photos on a non-photgraphy forum for others' enjoyment and someone replies with the following:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

As you're aware, this has been beat to death on the forum and I don't disagree with you. However, on the flip side, there are reasons why professionals don't use P&Ss and also why most of us use SLRs. To my knowledge, Ansel Adams did not use a Kodak Brownie and I expect that he had his reasons.

To my knowledge, Ansel Adams did not use a Kodak Brownie and I expect that he had his reasons.
Actually, he wrote that his first camera was a Kodak Brownie, given to him by his father on his first trip to Yosemite, which started his love of both.

Obviously, he didn't use it to get the iconic shots he's famous for, but he did use one... ;)

As you're aware, this has been beat to death on the forum and I don't disagree with you. However, on the flip side, there are reasons why professionals don't use P&Ss and also why most of us use SLRs. To my knowledge, Ansel Adams did not use a Kodak Brownie and I expect that he had his reasons.

How dare you insult the Brownie! :playball:

How dare you insult the Brownie! :playball:

Actually, the Brownie was a good and inexpensive way to determine if you were really interested in photography. Obviously it had major limitations but, as you learned what they were, you began to create a list of "features" that you want on your next camera.

Was just teasing, Plato.

I have a Brownie, 3 controls;

1) Bulb or Instant
2) Shutter (Take the picture)
3) Advance the film

I also have a flash attachment, and some unused, 1 use bulbs to go in it!

Tough I have never run any film through it...

Well, you know, you come across this ALL THE TIME.
You take good photos and people say "I wish I had a camera like yours, then I....".
I find this reaction almost normal... makes me cringe inwardly and roll my eyes in secret, but...

Someone on here once said, a good reply would be to go visiting with someone for dinner, and then later say: "This was a delicious dinner, your kitchen stove must be top class".

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao: :thumbup:

i wish i had a nice bass so i can play like flea.

or wow that paint brush paints nice pictures.

True, it does show a certain lack of understanding of photography but it is still a compliment.

However clumsy this compliment was, your reaction and that of most posters shows that a lot of people are no better at getting a compliment :(

Most reactions

Back