Dope video, perfect model.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This has to be the perfect model to work with and on the other side, this photographer is the best.

video is nsfw, dont click play if you have sensible eyes.

[video=vimeo;27748575]---------http://www.vimeo.com/27748575-------------

Last edited:
ghache I'm not quite sure what the discussion is meant to be here (you've not outlined a specific one in the thread nor title) however I'm fairly sure that the video goes against the site no nudity policy. As it stands changing the embedded video to a link and placing a warning concerning the NSFW content should be sufficient - however I'd also suggest some kind of pointer/detail as to the discussion otherwise this might end up moving into offtopic if it slips away from the photography subject and into "OMG hot model ;) " type comments

ghache I'm not quite sure what the discussion is meant to be here (you've not outlined a specific one in the thread nor title) however I'm fairly sure that the video goes against the site no nudity policy. As it stands changing the embedded video to a link and placing a warning concerning the NSFW content should be sufficient - however I'd also suggest some kind of pointer/detail as to the discussion otherwise this might end up moving into offtopic if it slips away from the photography subject and into "OMG hot model ;) " type comments

I was just sharing a video that i think is really nice.
Some people might probably learn a little while watching the video as you see what type of gear was used to create such great lighting. I did and this is why i liked to watch it.

I didn't see where this video talked about lighting, or even showcased the lighting setup. I also stopped watching after ~30 seconds.

It did a great job of exploiting a woman and playing poorly produced dubstep (but isn't 'poorly produced' inherent when referring to dubstep?)

I didn't see where this video talked about lighting, or even showcased the lighting setup. I also stopped watching after ~30 seconds.

It did a great job of exploiting a woman and playing poorly produced dubstep (but isn't 'poorly produced' inherent when referring to dubstep?)

omg LOL, why dont you drink another bong water shooter. it does show the lighting setup.

Yes, that poor signed model was exploited all the way to the bank. I didn't quite see the point of the video but sure enjoyed watching it a lot.

Am I the only guy on here who doesn't want to bash the OP.

Loved this video. Actually I've heard of this photographer before as well. He's quite amazing.

Loved this video. Actually I've heard of this photographer before as well. He's quite amazing.

:thumbup:

I don't think the model was exploited.

I hate dubstep.

But I watched it the whole way through and still don't feel like sending Ghache to the brig. :lol:

He took from that video the same thing I take from watching ANTM... He got a quick glimpse of what equipment was used which gave him a better idea of how it was executed...while getting to watch a hot model. :lol: I watch ANTM, get a quick glimpse of what equipment is used (sometimes never having seen it before and end up Googling it to learn about it), while satisfying my need for dramatic reality TV (because that's the only reality TV show I watch. :lol: )

Can't we all just... lighten up a bit and enjoy the damn video? Or don't... if it's not your thing, but still. Geesh! :lol:

I don't want to bash, but site rules made me say things ;)

Can't we all just... lighten up a bit and enjoy the damn video? Or don't... if it's not your thing, but still. Geesh! :lol:

As far as I can tell winter blues hit photographers twice as hard; not only do they get reduced sunlight on their skin, but also reduced sunlight for their cameras - plus the added insult that its too cold* to do long nighttime exposures

* for the photographer not the camera of course ;)

Probably.

You just wanna bash anything you idiot. get a ****in life and get out of your humid basement and shave that ugly mustache.
Too bad your photography will never be 1% as good as the photographer who produced the video. You are lame

Yes, that poor signed model was exploited all the way to the bank. I didn't quite see the point of the video but sure enjoyed watching it a lot.

seems like its a promotional video made FOR the model. she probably paid him to be exploited too lol.

LOL. "Exploited". Awesome.

Anyway, I think the video is quite good. It's part of a whole new genre called Fashion Film, arising mainly out of the advent of cameras with high quality video abilities, and the need of magazines and brands to transition from print to an online presence. There's a whole channel on Vimeo covering it. The king of this genre is Nick Knight and his SHOWstudio team in London. I'm trying to get into this space, it's fun and easy, though not relevant to my art... so I'm still developing my own graphic language.

One of my favorites:
[video=vimeo;19567991]http://vimeo.com/19567991[/video]

EDIT NOTE: Sorry, I just made an HTML link, I can't help it if it embeds automatically, that's they way Vimeo is set up. Change it if you prefer, but obv. Vimeo is set up to share content. No nudity or anything fun, so it's ok for Wal-Marters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back