double exposure

isolated

TPF Noob!
Reaction score

hi i'm new to this forum, and there are some question that i'd like to ask u guys, i've been wondering about how to make a double exposure photo can anyone tell me how ?
i'm still learning and i'm dying to find out more on tips and techniques in photography. thanks :lol:

Hi,

There are several ways. I do it with my manual PENTAX MV-1. It has a feature that allows you to wind up the shutter WITHOUT advancing the film. Not all cameras do that. I bought it just for that feature and because I already had compatible PENTAX equipment. Some newer models do that electronically controlled, but I think there is a limit on how many exposures you can do. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ismael

The best and cheapest way to experiment with double exposures, is to buy an old camera with no double exposure protection. The Argus C-3 is a good one for 35mm and there are many old TLR's around that can be purchased for a few dollars if you want to try double exposures in medium format.

i just wanted to put a little interesting tid-bit in on this topic. I jsut gota new pentax istd. It is capable of exposing the same frame up to 9 times. just an interesting thought

yes, most of the late model SLRs have a limit of 9 exposures on the same frame.

here's one i did not too long ago...

impressionistic-flowers.jpg

Most reactions

Back