Double Selfportrait with Harry Potter by Pascal Riben

Thank you for your comment Buckster!

Do you think it could be possible I don't put my photos here without reason ? :waiting:

I suppose it COULD be possible...
that being said, what IS the reason you not so subtly allude to?
more hits to your web page?

Thank you for your comment Buckster!

Do you think it could be possible I don't put my photos here without reason ? :waiting:

OF COURSE you had a reason. Question is, whether your reasoning was very sound, and whether it is going to have the effect you desire.
Because there is ALSO a reason that many of us, myself included, will decide to "no clicky the linky." :D

I see an image there, but it's so small that I can't really get anything out of it. I notice that it links back to a facebook page; this wouldn't be an attempt to brink more traffic to your facebook 'site would it?

I'm in the "no clicky the linky" group too. lol

It's really irritating, honestly. MANY more people might be interested in helping you if it were not this extra step production, sketchy link clicking thing happening in order to do so.

Thank you to pixmedic, sm4him, tirediron, frommrstomommy and buster for their message.

The link goes to my site, not to my Facebook page.

There are many reason why I put a link and not a picture:
1. By the past I have problems with some forums and they refuse to delete my posts and my pictures
2. The background on my webpages is grey light, just what I want, especially for B&W photos
3. By clicking on the picture, people can see the full gallery

I know some people won't look my pictures because they are not displayed directly in the forum and I ask them to excuse me for this, but I prefer loose some people and put a link. It's also for this reason I put my name in the title: people who don't want to click on a link won't loose time to open my posts.

By the way, you can visit my website :Joker::
Pascal Riben - Photographs

Maybe you'll find my work interesting and eventually decide to open the next posts?

Thanks again for your comments.

Ditto.... not interested in clicking links...

especially not interested in seeing a "full gallery" ... I might C&C one or two photos... not more...

problems with forums? Really... imagine that! ;)

OK maybe I am just too logical but this seems silly....

1. How many forums have you had problems with? and if you have why not just learn to coexist and when problems arise ( I am assuming with another member or mod) you solve them instead of running from them and removing all trace you were there.

2. Unless you have mounted your pics on your website in a way that they are transparent then the background could be hot pink and it wouldn't matter...

3. When I click the picture it takes me to the picture with no clear link back to your page so if you are wanting people to see all of your work....Its not happening anyway...

My thoughts on forums and posting is that you should make it as easy on your viewer, we are photographers from all over the world seeking exposure, advise, insight and even create friendships. Some of this may lead to work, sales or personal gain but I do not believe that is the purpose of a forum. So not displaying images for the reasons you posted is like saying to a museum "I know you want to hang this up but here click this button instead", they just wont do it.

Not trying to be a jerk but that is the reason why I wouldn't click a linked pic.....

All link comments aside, the picture itself is not very impressive.
Looks out of focus, There isn't even a strong focus.
Boring, Harsh, flat, lighting
No strong subject
A little noisy or its just a poor file conversion
A lot of distracting elements, the biggest being the movie poster that couldn't be more irrelevant and obtrusive.
It doesn't even look like one picture, It looks like you put a mirror pic and a snapshot of the movie picture together.
The black and white conversion is poor, Very little contrast, no strong blacks or whites. It's more of a light gray and dark gray image.
And I think the best part is that you went and watermarked it with a copyright, Which I think is hilarious because more than half the image is a copyrighted character/movie.

So, Pascal Ribben, After going through the trouble of clicking your link to get to your website thats what I got.

No strong subject
A lot of distracting elements, the biggest being the movie poster that couldn't be more irrelevant and obtrusive.
It doesn't even look like one picture, It looks like you put a mirror pic and a snapshot of the movie picture together.
The black and white conversion is poor, Very little contrast, no strong blacks or whites. It's more of a light gray and dark gray image.
And I think the best part is that you went and watermarked it with a copyright, Which I think is hilarious because more than half the image is a copyrighted character/movie.

So, Pascal Ribben, After going through the trouble of clicking your link to get to your website thats what I got.

Many thanks for your full and deep comment thebasedsloth: I never couldn't pass so many time to write on a picture I don't like :madmad:

No strong subject

Many thanks for your full and deep comment thebasedsloth: I never couldn't pass so many time to write on a picture I don't like :madmad:
Thats a big point to this forum; feedback. If we don't like an image, we help the artist by telling WHY we don't like it. Simply passing on the photos you don't like and only commenting on how much you love another photo isn't helping anyone.

which one in the picture is harry potter?

Click here to see a different thread where you dont have to leave the forum to see the pictures.

sorry in a jerky mood :(

No strong subject

Thats a big point to this forum; feedback. If we don't like an image, we help the artist by telling WHY we don't like it. Simply passing on the photos you don't like and only commenting on how much you love another photo isn't helping anyone.

Thank you for your comment DanOstergren! Telling to the artist why you don't like a picture is not going always to help him... :er:

Most reactions

Back