Douglas- natural light portraits

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug is a friend of a friend who came over yesterday for a BBQ. Without knowing I was a photographer (to my knowledge), he disclosed to me that he's always thought about giving modeling a try but never took any action to do so. I suggested we cross the street and he let me take some photos of him, to which he obliged. All were shot in natural light with a Canon 5D MKI, EF 85mm f/1.8 lens and a silver reflector in a couple of the shots. Only one was retouched (the one with my name in the upper left corner).

_mg_5450_2_by_danostergren-dbfogii.jpg

_mg_5524_by_danostergren-dbfogjd.jpg

_mg_5527_by_danostergren-dbfmsib.jpg

_mg_5473_by_danostergren-dbfogiv.jpg

_mg_5451_by_danostergren-dbfogip.jpg

This one doesn't really fit with the rest but I still like it.
_mg_5410_by_danostergren-dbfogh9.jpg

Nice set, I like the use of B&W. I like that last one too, great getting the pattern of light coming thru the slats of the blinds (and hitting him at good places in relation to eyes and mouth, etc.). Dan, you are a master portrait photographer.

Of course the one you edited is as always good, but I actually like #2 as well, and the last one is also great. Thanks for posting, as I'm learning a lot from your images.

Nice set, I like the use of B&W. I like that last one too, great getting the pattern of light coming thru the slats of the blinds (and hitting him at good places in relation to eyes and mouth, etc.). Dan, you are a master portrait photographer.
Aaaaw thank you.

Last edited:
Of course the one you edited is as always good, but I actually like #2 as well, and the last one is also great. Thanks for posting, as I'm learning a lot from your images.
Thank you. 2 is one of my favorites, but the first one is by far my favorite from the set.

Sorry it's taking so long for me to get those retouching tutorials done. I have bouts of depression sometimes that can slow me down, but I've been inspired lately to get work done.

*LOL* Dan...are all your friends good looking or something?
Great photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back