Doves My regular visitor

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My regular morning visitor seems to like here.

Attachments

• $DSC_0004.jpg
    $DSC_0004.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 117
  • $DSC_0001.jpg
    $DSC_0001.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 122
The photo on the right has some power lines.I brushed them out but didn't finish it or save it before uploaded.I got distracted by some one at the door.This one is better.

Attachments

• $DSC_0001.jpg
    $DSC_0001.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 88
They are cropped but very little off the left side.

Didn't you think to crop them more? I mean the photos are more about woods now than about the doves :)... IMHO.

Nope! I took off about 20 percent thats more then enough cropping IMO.Beside the fact I also dont want them centered.I respect your opinion and critique though.The left side photo probably could have used more but not the right side photo.

Maybe like this for the left photo

Attachments

• $DSC_0004.jpg
    $DSC_0004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Doves are interesting birds. They build their nests on horizontal branches. They will occasionally use man-made horizontal boards or ledges. Their nest is a large accumulation of sticks, kind of like a large dinner plate, with a very,very shallow bowl profile to it. Perhaps these doves are planning on making a nest nearby. I notice they usually arrive several days before mating and sort of scout the area, and sometimes appear to sit near ground level, for hours on end, waiting and watching for predators it seems.

Thats great information Derrel. I will have to keep and eye see whats happens.Thanks

Nope! I took off about 20 percent thats more then enough cropping IMO.Beside the fact I also dont want them centered.I respect your opinion and critique though.The left side photo probably could have used more but not the right side photo.

Maybe like this for the left photo
Yes, thank you. It looks better for me.

Most reactions

Back