Down by the river - damselfly (6 pics)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Right, so I was down by the river at my favourite spot (where there is the old mill, you remember?), and the place was buzzing with damselflies. (I think these are damselflies and not dragonflies? I never know the difference).

In order to get closer, I had to step through high grass and hidden nettles (ugh!) while wearing only shorts ... itchy legs for these - and I still could not get REALLY close or I'd have fallen into the river :shock:. But was it worth it?
What do you say about my attempts?

163910963.jpg

163910966.jpg

163910965.jpg

163910964.jpg

163910969.jpg

163910968.jpg

OF COURSE I would loved to have got that big-eyes-staring-at-me type of photo - but that was not to be had under the circumstances... oh well.

And sorry. Some of the blurriness is NOT compression ... couldn't blame that here, it is my position, she fully extended 300mm lens, maybe a not perfectly seen focus or camera shake... :oops:

Hi Corinna, im back from the tour. Had a blast.

I really think these efforts was worth the ichy legs you are talking about. :lol:
I don't thing the focus is spot on in the first two, but you really have a winner with that POV in the last one. Great composition and focus.. Like it a lot!

Show us more. :)

Thanks - I was quite focused (myself) on the wings and their colours and overall beauty ... and therefore paid too little attention to the eyes ... and all the while I was so very on the brink of making the plunge into the river ... It would not have been bad for me, but THE CAMERA :shock: !!!

Most reactions

Back