Down with Art

Very cool scene! Nice shot.

Very, very nice - and it looks neat this way also - albeit making a different point.

vp1d.jpg

Very cool scene! Nice shot.

Thanks, Derrel!

Very, very nice - and it looks neat this way also - albeit making a different point.

I appreciate it Lew... I hadn't considered that crop but I really like it. I believe my title for your version would be "Grip On Reality".

Last edited:
Very nice compo Alan. I don't feel alright about this grain you've got. The shadows and half tones are just too delicate for such a coarse grain and that already in 5x7 print.

Very nice compo Alan. I don't feel alright about this grain you've got. The shadows and half tones are just too delicate for such a coarse grain and that already in 5x7 print.

Glad you like the compo, your concern about the grain is understood. ... Thanks

Oh, Alan, you're in Atlanta - now I recognize those stairs from the High Museum. I love it there! :)

This shot is lined up beautifully, and I really like Lew's creative crop, too. I do believe with all the light in this particular part of the museum that you might have gotten away with slower film - even 400 would have helped the intense grain. BUT - ethereal conditions notwithstanding, grain doesn't particularly bother me with architectural type shots. With any shots, really, with the exception of portraiture. This one is suiting me just fine - nice work!

Oh, Alan, you're in Atlanta - now I recognize those stairs from the High Museum. I love it there! :)

This shot is lined up beautifully, and I really like Lew's creative crop, too. I do believe with all the light in this particular part of the museum that you might have gotten away with slower film - even 400 would have helped the intense grain. BUT - ethereal conditions notwithstanding, grain doesn't particularly bother me with architectural type shots. With any shots, really, with the exception of portraiture. This one is suiting me just fine - nice work!

Hey Terri... I agree the High is a pretty neat place, especially to take pictures. As far as the grain, I am more in line with your thinking and it doesn't bother me that much. Currently, I am experimenting with this film to get a better understanding of it's capabilities and to improve my workflow (exposure, dev, printing). Thanks for your feedback. glad you like it. :)

Reminds me of being inside the the Reichstag Dome, in Berlin. I like the grain.

Most reactions

Back