Downtown b&w's

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ha... i've been totally procrastinating on posting pics lately.... lucky i found these in the photobucket account, or i would've forgotten them.
and they were shot last weekend.
thx for having a look :D

Concrete3.jpg

2. (just between us: the reason i rotated it like this is cause i couldn't quite fix the tilt and awfull angle, lol)
Concrete.jpg

Alleyway3.jpg

4. This is not the same building, but i thought i might as well throw it in. Actually since i read "1984", this place makes me think of Victory Mansions :)
VictoryMansions.jpg

Wow dude. These are totally sweet.

Kinda pics I love taking!

1 and 4 are my favs.

Awesome Alex! I really love these. Love how you framed #1 and #3 is bad to the bone.

Thanks a lot people!

actually i never wander in this part of downtown, but i'm happy i happened to get there and found this little backstreet... i'm always amazed to see all the undiscovered spots of the city :D

Nice ones..... number 3 stands out for me.....but great series alex....you got a great eye...(not to say your other one isn't!) :thumbup:

i got to say, you take some great photos not just these one but others as well.

All these make me think I should give my Hamburg pics (that I took on 5 Feb and of which I have posted only very few so far) a b+w treatment to bring out more of what I really wanted to show?

For these quite convincingly capture the urban feel that I was trying to get in Hamburg, too, but don't feel I really got when I am now looking at my colour versions. The day was too dull for colours as it was, so you are really inspiring me now to try the b+w path ... if only there wasn't so much work to be done about the performance pics....... :roll:

I like your last photo here best of the series, although the angle up the fassades in 1 is also quite appealing, as is the look into the alleyway in 3 --- you are a good photographer, it is just obvious!

Most reactions

Back