Downtown destruction scene (B&W Conversion)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Well, I think I'm getting better at B&W, but I'll let you be the judge of that. This was shot near Minute Maid Park (I cringe everytime I say that. What a dumb name) in Houston.
F/3.5
1/400 Sec
18mm
Overcast skies

CraneDonecopy.jpg

Please critique every aspect you can, but especially the conversion job.

i dig it, to me the slight angle distortion gives the bulldozer(?) a menacing feel. Overall i feel that you've done a find job with the conversion. - I would prefer to see some clouds in the sky - i don't know if that was something lost in the conversion, if you said the sky was overcast you should definately be able to tweak some detail out the sky.

kudos on getting some psuedo grain in the pic, I would prefer even more grain - I think will help make this picture look even more stark feel, which I think is what you are after here.

This is really nice, compositionly its works for me as ha been said the angle of the buldozer makes feel like its reeaching foward and so isn't dominated by the building. The conversion looks good but as had been said there is a lack of clouds. Im not sure this is a good thing or not, If there were clouds it might make the image too busy.

Very nice Joe! I love the distortion as well. The grain really adds to it, and your conversion is nice. This has a nice aged feel to it. Great work!

Thanks for the critique! As for the clouds, the sky was completely white, so there was absolutely no detail to capture. :(

vonnagy, I'll play around with the grain and see what happens :) btw, I just checked out your website, and I must say it has some absolutely phenominal work on it!

Most reactions

Back