downtown maternity

note over-sharpening halos

$9158870497_756e2f92cb_ollll.jpg

Not bad - but the previous two comments are dead on ;)

Not sure about the bg of the first - a little distracting, but that may just be me.

Average light, average poses, some ole' background. They are in focus. Push yourself further.

Average light, average poses, some ole' background. They are in focus. Push yourself further.

I agree! If you can shoot this perfect, get some fun and creativeness going. Great Job either way.

View attachment 48811

does flickr upload do any sharpening? it does not look that crispy on my saved to my PC version. I did bump sharpening, but not near as crazy as its showing on flickr.. hmm.

and I'm sorry for the brick wall.. but I had never shot one before!!! lol I HAD to, you know ;) and fwiw the couple was a big fan of the brick wall.

thank you for the other comments. I'm mostly really working to keep things consistent in different locations.. this was my first time shooting downtown in my city, so to me everything about this shoot was "new" if you will.

guess I'm not sure where to go next except to finally get my flash off camera.

You shot that with on camera flash? I was just going to ask about your lighting.... but that answers it. I'm trying to learn more about flash, both on and off camera.

You shot that with on camera flash? I was just going to ask about your lighting.... but that answers it. I'm trying to learn more about flash, both on and off camera.

no flash was used on these at all. i tried a few at the end with flash on camera but they are looking pretty horrendous sooc.. lol

no flash was used on these at all. i tried a few at the end with flash on camera but they are looking pretty horrendous sooc.. lol
Good to know..... I think they are very nice!

View attachment 48811

does flickr upload do any sharpening? it does not look that crispy on my saved to my PC version. I did bump sharpening, but not near as crazy as its showing on flickr.. hmm.

and I'm sorry for the brick wall.. but I had never shot one before!!! lol I HAD to, you know ;) and fwiw the couple was a big fan of the brick wall.

thank you for the other comments. I'm mostly really working to keep things consistent in different locations.. this was my first time shooting downtown in my city, so to me everything about this shoot was "new" if you will.

guess I'm not sure where to go next except to finally get my flash off camera.
Is that the sun I see beaming in the top left corner of the second picture?

Yes, they were sort of facing the sun.. but the sun was partially hidden behind a building across the street. We moved down the wall partly because the sun was still rather bright and was making them squinty and part because of these weird patches on the brick wall.

Yes, they were sort of facing the sun.. but the sun was partially hidden behind a building across the street. We moved down the wall partly because the sun was still rather bright and was making them squinty and part because of these weird patches on the brick wall.
What time of day were you shooting?

7 ish.. it was maybe 7:20 here.. I think "golden hour" had JUST started.

7 ish.. it was maybe 7:20 here.. I think "golden hour" had JUST started.

That is what I thought. See that golden sun beaming from the the corner? I would have used that in every way that I could to enhance this session. If the light is blinding them you could have placed them with the sun toward their backs and then filled the faces with flash or a reflector. You still could have incorporated the brick wall, but it wouldn't have been so apparent. You could have shot to create that hazy feel, or sunflare, or you could have even done some silhouette shots of the baby bump with that type of light. I am just throwing some ideas at you to get your wheels spinning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back