Downtown Panorama

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my first attempt at a panorama. My dad and I went to Signal Hill, Long Beach, CA
on Friday night to try out some shots. I thought "hmm now I could finally try a panorama".

I was at 400mm on these shots, so we were pretty far away. The originals
came out very hazy and orange, luckily shooting in RAW paid off.

I have little experience with night shots, so all c&c is welcome.

p.s. scroll right
main.php

IMO this pano looks better on my web gallery here. Thanks for lookin!

D3sh1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
oh ,
this is nice.
i would try custom wb

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks great. There is something funny going on with eh building on the rights side. I can't tell if it's reflections or some kind of distortion. Other wise it's an A.

OP
R

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Very nice!!!
Thank you!
oh ,
this is nice.
i would try custom wb
Actually, I did adjust the wb a lot. It was super orange originally, but I toned that down a lot. I still wanted to keep some of the "orange" look though.
Looks great. There is something funny going on with eh building on the rights side. I can't tell if it's reflections or some kind of distortion. Other wise it's an A.
Well there were lots of reflections, but I also did some cloning to reduce the light flares. I think I cloned poorly in some cases, that might be what your seeing. Thanks for the comment.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thank you!

Actually, I did adjust the wb a lot. It was super orange originally, but I toned that down a lot. I still wanted to keep some of the "orange" look though.

Well there were lots of reflections, but I also did some cloning to reduce the light flares. I think I cloned poorly in some cases, that might be what your seeing. Thanks for the comment.

Did you mess with the levels to see if you could darken the sky a bit? Sometimes thats a fast way to do it and I think it would make the pic more dramatic if there was more contrast between the buildings and the sky.

BYoung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like it a lot. Only downfall is the reflections on the buildings on the right side but thats out of your control.

How many pictures were used to make this pano?

OP
R

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Did you mess with the levels to see if you could darken the sky a bit? Sometimes thats a fast way to do it and I think it would make the pic more dramatic if there was more contrast between the buildings and the sky.
Hmm.. nah I don't think that's necessary.

Byoung, the original pano was 9 pics, but I cropped this version a lot. So I'm not sure what the equivalent of this one would be, maybe 5?

OP
R

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Excellent shot and great job stitching!
Thanks man, I worked pretty hard on this shot, trying to erase all the flaws. There are still a few but I think it worked out okay.

P.S. if anyone's interested these were my settings:
-15 second exposures with an old tripod
-F8
-ISO 100

logan9967

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
great "first attempt" i have some experience photoshopping but i can't get the angles right on any pano's, i gotta read some tutorials. i love the cross on the far right :D and yeah would be perfect without the sort of reflective distortion thingy on the windows

Most reactions

New Topics