Downtown Savannah B&W

At mid-day, shoot indoors, or put the camera away and have a :cheers:, take a nap, surf the web, read a book, etc until later in the day when the light has gotten better.

The photo is a bit short contrast, the holy grail of B&W.

Is the photo a conversion or a capture? If it's a conversion, how did you convert it? If it's a capture and you want to continue making B&W photos that way, you'll need to get some filters for the lens to pre-process the contrast.

This is a conversion, done in Photoshop. I'm still learning the process though, trial and error I guess.

Well then, why don't write us a few hundred lines about how great this photo is?

Make sure and include a whole lot of your encyclopedic but often wrong knowledge of photography.

To the OP: Sorry if you find my post harsh but it is only my opinion. As are most posts on forums, personal opinions. Out of curiosity, what do you thing makes this photo nice?

Your first post is not useless because it's too harsh, and no one is suggesting the only useful post is one full of praise. Your first post is useless because you don't do anything except call the picture boring, which is fine without the rest of the excessively harsh post.

Did you read my post? I guess not because I did more than say the photo was boring.

Have you ever been to Savannah? I lived up the road for about 4 years so I know there are way more interesting things to shoot there.

But, please, you and Derrel can both tell me what is so fascinating about this shot which could be from anywhere USA.

And Derrel, if you need another one (which I doubt), crack it open yourself.

I understand that this photo is the best of what Savannah has to offer. Someone asked why I liked it. I guess it's because, you are standing on Broughton Street, which has all of these "vintage" type buildings, and then you have these symbols of industrialization (cars, busses). I think it just stood out to me that people go on with their everyday lives, without ever really stopping to look at whats around them. If that makes any sense.

Hm, I think cloud's advice was spot on. The photo needs more contrast and a better isolated subject.

Most reactions

Back