downtown

wclement7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a nice warm day so i deceided to walk around downtown and got these shots. Thanks for looking. Comments and critique appreciated.

IMG_4107.jpg

tall bank

IMG_4138.jpg

the Very Old Jaguar lot in town... the inside of the building is old magazines and local newspapers all over. A "back to the future" car in the showroom that looked brand new. Some other immaculate black car. Walked around the side of the building and there was a man working on another. And the side was a garage with close to 20 other cars in it that were also very very nice.

IMG_4136.jpg

our little bit of snow was a melting!

IMG_4134.jpg

lights on a jewlery store.

IMG_4131.jpg

this man was playing christmas music with a harmonica. It was kinda nice, we don't get that often in my small town. The picture doesn't show him well because of the harsh backlight but he had SWEET sunglasses!

IMG_4116.jpg

some office building

IMG_4113.jpg

street light. my teacher has been pushing me to look for crops that are out of the ordinary. so i was messing around.

IMG_4111.jpg

some chain link, personally i think this is an over shot subject but i liked how it came out so here it is!

thanks for the views!
willis

I like the second one it makes me laugh :)

thanks for the replys!
~Jeff i did make changes of levels and just a wee bit of red in PS, I dunno what it is but i can't do anything with an image unless it goes through there first!
thanks again!

Gotta go with fmw, great composition. I do like number 2 for that reason, but also the humorous aspect. A while ago I saw a really engaging image of a ripped and dilapidated sofa which was just sat in the middle of a run down, graffiti'd street, and the wrecked car and weeds in your image, together with the overall tone, reminded me a lot of it. Nice work.

David

Your Photo 1 could have been high up on top of the list of favourites from these if only it were a bit sharper and clearer and not so noisy. I like your play with shapes and forms, giving this upward view of the tall bank building a decidedly abstract look, but I miss the crispness in this one.

No. 2 is really funny, and that alone helps this photo to be a "winner" for many, as does the light and the colours, I say. The diagonal shadows and the way this sidelight brings out every detail of the bricks are really good.

I like the idea of your Photo 6, too. Good eye again for graphics and lines and shapes ... but there has been a similar photo about taken by Alex_B ... and I am sorry to say so but his was just a tad better ... but then how can you help barrel distortion? I can't either and would always also get this degree of distortion in my pics. :(

The chain may be "cliché" by now, but the concept will always be good and you composed your frame well and chose a REALLY narrow DOF ... what was your aparture for that one?

thanks again for all your replys again!
~fmw- never knew it was graphic design, kinda cool thanks!
~lafoto- sad thing about my shoot all day was i forgot to check my iso and i was at 1600... big bummer i must say. and for the chain it was at 5.6 i think the lowest the lens i had would let me go. for number 6 i had actually seen a bunch over the time i have browsed here that were similar that is why i even noticed it and tried it.
thanks again everyone!

i deffinatly enjoy all of these pictures.
mostly i like the composition

Most reactions

New Topics

Back