Drab and grey New Year's Day

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some who photograph digitally and thus have "instant gratification" have already posted their New Year's Day photos, many of which were taken at some kind of beach (vonnagy, PBailey - I remember those two series).

I told you that your 1st of January was among the greyest possible days and that I would not show you the pictures that I took. I'll show you, all the same. You won't be able but to agree that it was grey, grey, grey.

We went out to the River Elbe where it just touches Hamburg in the west, and in good weather you'd have a clear sight over to Hamburg-Blankenese from where we were, on 1st January, however (take a look):

Elbe_Flussbett3.jpg

Not the view across the river, but along its bank, and since the Elbe goes with the tide up until east of Hamburg, you can see that the tide was out when we were there, and what we see actually is the river bed

Elbe_Flussbett1.jpg

Better close-up of the river bed and only some of the banks in the background

Elbe_Flussbett2.jpg

The "view" (erm...) across the river towards Blankenese...

And now a last one, a close up of one of the stones I walked on when I took these - and tell me: am I the only one to see FACES in these stones????

Elbe_Flussbett_Detail.jpg

Grey it was, but I still love the photos, esp the 2nd and 3rd!

LittleMan said:
very nice LaPhoto!
I love the contrast/crispness in these shots. Good job! :D

exactly what i was thinking! very nice. i can only imagine what the originals look like :thumbsup:

Oh, thank you, you three.
I was so sure ALL my photos would be waaaayyy too bad to show even to my FAMILY. And here I am, beginning to like them :) (and more so as prints, of course, for they do suffer in the scanning process).

LaFoto said:
I was so sure ALL my photos would be waaaayyy too bad to show even to my FAMILY. And here I am, beginning to like them :) (and more so as prints, of course, for they do suffer in the scanning process).
Not at all! I can't see any "scanning marks" on this lot of pictures....
They really are impressive!

It's amazing...for the last pic

That's crude?!
Nature's power!

Most reactions

Back