Dragon @ 600mm

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not really a Macro lens focal length I usually shoot with my Sigma 105mm f2.8 or my Sony 90mm f2.8 - but a 600mm is very capable of capturing smaller wildlife and as plus the BG is just adorable

This is a 4 spot chaser dragonfly (Libellula quadrimaculata) - found all over the UK- this one lives in Somerset :)

nv6YLnd.jpg

Les :)

Damn good for such a long lens. How close will it focus?

Yes, great background. Very nice photo.

Great shot, Les! That's what I shoot insects with, very often. Mine focuses (guestimate) as close as about 8 ft.

Wonderful shot with very nice detail. My Tamron 18-400mm can focus as close as 10 inches from the subject, so it comes in handy as a quick macro-like shot when I don't want to switch to my Sigma 105mm.

Damn good for such a long lens. How close will it focus?
Thank you - I seem to recall around 4.5 metres :)
Yes, great background. Very nice photo.
Thank you the BG are reeds in the distance :)
Great shot, Les! That's what I shoot insects with, very often. Mine focuses (guestimate) as close as about 8 ft.
my Sony 200-600mm will minimum focus around 10 feet I believe @)
Wonderful shot with very nice detail. My Tamron 18-400mm can focus as close as 10 inches from the subject, so it comes in handy as a quick macro-like shot when I don't want to switch to my Sigma 105mm.
I love the Sigma 105mm f2.8- however: The Sony 90mm f2.8 has far superior IQ, in my opinion :)

Les

Thank you - I seem to recall around 4.5 metres :)

Thank you the BG are reeds in the distance :)

my Sony 200-600mm will minimum focus around 10 feet I believe @)

I love the Sigma 105mm f2.8- however: The Sony 90mm f2.8 has far superior IQ, in my opinion :)

Les
I just checked mine and I was real close, it's 8.85 ft.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back